Pokerchips, I’ve been in Harl (Infa) for between 3 &4 years. Then it was just IM, with a touch of oil ex. The business was pretty transparent and the path to substantial income reasonably clear. Then of course came the ML mess up. With a massive delay in front JW bought H&W to provide income and reduce the IM costs. At this point the company mcap was around £5m. So far so good (necessary.) But then JW decided to continue to spend with the add ons of BI and Appledore. The complexity of the business increased dramatically and the need for cash became, needlessly Imho, far more acute. There have been many assurances that funding was on the way, assurances and little else. The need for cash led to the many cash raises (surprise surprise). Each raise had a dramatic effect upon the sp leading to investor dissatisfaction mainly, I think, due to there being no end of themin sight. Currently we have no idea if any of the work being undertaken has proven profitable. What we have are more assurances. So, why take on BI and Appledore? Why put back the year end? The figures would have, at least, assuaged investors anxieties, one way or another. Ah well, it is what it is, we are paying the piper but we sure ain’t calling the tunes.
Pokerchips,re 10:27 post.I have to take issue here, PIs have far less patience…… is more than 10 years and a 99.965% reduction in price not enough? I take my hat off if your horizons are longer and more accommodating than that.
We must be some of the thickest investors on the planet. The market has been telling us to get out for just about the whole of the company’s existence. Yet here we all are still waiting for the ‘news’ that will send the sp into the stratosphere. The truth is that none of the news like Saipem or the ML have made a hoot of difference. Today, sure the Small cap index is down a little over 1% but we are down more than 8. The sp, at one time was (equivalent) £400. Now 15p. And still we wait………
Roly, thanks for your input from your tour. I note you state that the repair work IS profitable. Is that a fact divulged by Arun? Do you know how the work is priced? Maybe tender quote or cost plus? Any reassurances you can offer about the repair business or the Saipem work are gratefully received.
Nobby, you are, of course, right in what you’re saying. But when you talk of jam tomorrow morning, I was wondering just what type of sauce would go with that. We do desperately, in my opinion, need news of chair, fid, funding and contracts, but I feel somewhat consoled by the recent largish share buys that appear to have gone through. These, along with the reports of Roly and TTNY give me some encouragement that we are, at long last, due good news soon. I’m not sure how long my euphoria will last so the bod will need to be pretty sharp getting an rns or two announced.
RE: Questions for anyone attending 2mo (Roly?)15 Feb 2022 10:49
Jabido, there have been too many false dawns and fake horizons with this company for me to risk any stake on that one. However, I won’t be surprised if it gets announced soon, similarly, I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t. I live more in hope than expectation! :-))
Si. I think Stokey12 is hoping that JW has some privileged info to divulge to the II’s, thus requiring an RNS prior to announcement. I’m not sure that the sp held up at all well yesterday. Although the headline figure would suggest that I can currently buy today @16.3p against the headline 17p. This disparity is why all of the trades seem to be sells! I also seem to recall JW mentioning that GH were still interested in Harl. If they come back on board, I would expect them to have a board position( hurray). I feel pretty sure they’ll be there today.