Shanta Gold's CEO explains the Q2 production shortfall and emphasises the cashflow strength of SGH. Watch the full video here.

Less Ads, More Data, More Tools Register for FREE

UPDATE 1-Cerberus-backed My Money to buy HSBC's French retail bank

Fri, 18th Jun 2021 13:16

(Adds details)

LONDON/PARIS, June 18 (Reuters) - HSBC has
agreed to sell its French retail banking operations to My Money
Group, which is backed by private equity group Cerberus, ending
a long endeavour to dispose of the struggling business as the
British bank pivots towards Asia.

My Money announced the agreement in a statement on Friday.

HSBC has been trying to shrink its presence in some European
and North American markets where it has struggled against larger
domestic players, while Cerberus already owns stakes in Deutsche
Bank and Commerzbank.

"My Money Group, with the backing of funds managed by
Cerberus Capital Management, can support the growth of HSBC
Continental Europe's French retail network by applying our
market knowledge and expertise in digital transformation," said
its chief executive Eric Shehadeh.

The deal will see My Money acquire HSBC's 244 branches,
around 3900 staff and 24 billion euros in assets, creating at a
stroke what My Money described as a new challenger bank in
France's crowded retail banking landscape.

My Money said it will resurrect the Credit Commercial de
France (CCF) brand, the bank HSBC bought for some 11 billion
euros 21 years ago as it attempted to gain a foothold in one of
Europe's biggest banking markets.

Under French law, the two parties have to consult employees
on the deal, and if HSBC and My Money decide to proceed it could
be signed in the third or fourth quarter of this year.

My Money said it will invest 200 million euros in the HSBC
unit's technology infrastructure.
(Reporting by Lawrence White and Gwenaelle Barzic;
Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta and Alexander Smith)

Related Shares

More News

Barclays on outlook for Treasury yields

(Sharecast News) - Economists at Barclays Research think longer-term US Treasury note yields will head back higher in the back half of 2021, although they also thought that financial markets were right in judging inflationary risks to be 'transitory'.

22 Jul 21 14:44

BROKER RATINGS: Antofagasta, Flutter and Royal Mail get upgrades

BROKER RATINGS: Antofagasta, Flutter and Royal Mail get upgrades

22 Jul 21 09:39

S4 Capital refinances to expand as post-Covid ad rebound continues

S4 Capital refinances to expand as post-Covid ad rebound continues

19 Jul 21 10:21

IN BRIEF: UP Global completes GBP34 million Salter Brands purchase

IN BRIEF: UP Global completes GBP34 million Salter Brands purchase

16 Jul 21 12:03

Don't have an account? Click here to register.

Quickpicks are a member only feature

Don't have an account? Click here to register.