The latest London South East Webinar takes place on July 6. Come and hear CEO’s from Orosur Mining, Caledonia Mining, Glantus Holdings and Tekcapital speak. Please register here

Less Ads, More Data, More Tools Register for FREE

Just Eat Sells Hellofood Brazil To IFood Joint Venture

Wed, 20th Jul 2016 07:13

LONDON (Alliance News) - Online takeaway delivery company Just Eat PLC on Wednesday said it has sold hellofood Brazil to its iFood joint venture.

In addition, Just Eat has sold a 49% stake in its enlarged Mexico business, formed of SinDelantal and hellofood Mexico, also to IF-JE. Just Eat will retain the remaining 51% stake.

IF-JE is a joint venture with Brazilian IT company Movile, in which Just Eat holds a 30% stake.

Just Eat received USD11 million for both transactions and said it will also receive benefit of services provided by local IF-JE management in Mexico.

"The iFood joint venture in Brazil has been a huge success for Just Eat and has enjoyed impressive growth since it launched in 2014, thanks to its intimate understanding of local markets and strong track record of executing against its strategy," Chief Executive David Buttress said in a statement.

"These transactions with iFood will create additional volume and scale that will generate significant benefits in these markets. They will provide the perfect platform for iFood to expand further in the largest and most exciting markets in Latin America, creating real value for Just Eat and its shareholders," he added.

Shares in Just Eat were trading up 0.4% at 472.60 pence on Wednesday morning.

By Karolina Kaminska; karolinakaminska@alliancenews.com @KarolinaAllNews

Copyright 2016 Alliance News Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Related Shares

More News

Monday broker round-up

(Sharecast News) - Diploma: Numis upgrades to add with a target price of 3,250p.

17 May 21 14:38

Delivery Hero announces German expansion plans in challenge to Just Eat

(Sharecast News) - Delivery Hero unveiled plans to enter the German market in summer with its foodpanda brand.

12 May 21 15:43

Wednesday broker round-up

(Sharecast News) - Gamesys Group: Canaccord downgrades to hold with a target price of 1,878p.

14 Apr 21 13:07

Thursday broker round-up

(Sharecast News) - Hunting: RBC Capital Markets downgrades to sector perform with a target price of 305p.

11 Mar 21 13:28

Login to your account

Don't have an account? Click here to register.

Quickpicks are a member only feature

Login to your account

Don't have an account? Click here to register.