London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
Moonwalk, I can categorically confirm I do not. That did make me chuckle. All of my posts are based on research that is there to see with a few clicks of the mouse.
Like everyone else, I am interested to see how the next few weeks and months pan out. All the indicators suggest this can reach far and wide (in my opinion).
MarketNeo, I assume you are representing RMS from the research I have done - suggest you come clean, people here are quite stupid but not that stupid
See my previous post from earlier this weekend. In summary they appear to be extremely established, not a bog standard re-seller - I would agree with you if that was the case. However they are an Amazon store (although we can speculate this will be sold as the P2F brand as it is elsewhere). For ease of reading here is my previous research on how established they are:
1. They have been established on Amazon for over 6 years. The companies house formation is 2015.
2. All of their items in Amazon are marked as top seller status for Europe. I clicked on a few of their products and none of them were outside the top 1-9 for their category across Europe.
3. All of their products have 10,000s of strong reviews against each product (not just the brand). And many 1,000s more than the other top sellers when you click through to the top seller. IMO only a small % of people leave reviews on Amazon versus other sites such as Ebay, which rely heavily on seller feedback, so this would indicate millions of units of sales, with an infrastructure to support. As per the other comments the mask will generate it's own reviews to monitor. I am merely counting the number of reviews not the review content.
4. All of their products are available via Amazon prime. Indicating these will go via prime also. **Updated 07/03 - Based on the emails and tweets since I would say this is now confirmed as Amazon prime**. This is a big plus as everyone knows how much business now goes through Amazon.
5. After clicking off their website, I have had FM London products flash up on Amazon banners elsewhere on other websites. They may have marketing ties with Amazon also. Sales can increase exponentially if Amazon are pushing this product across their EU sites.
6. They are across 40-50 countries depending on which article website you read. Small wholesalers have declared 1,000s of packs sold per day with no press since the launch on Thurs. If you time that by 30 days in an average month, by 40-50 countries that is many millions of sales per month (well in excess of the minimum announced). When you consider A) the strength of the product and B) the dire COVID position around Europe these numbers can easily be achieved in my opinion.
As I say I believe it is canny as they have leveraged an established partner's reach, sales, and infrastructure to move product (and may possibly have the backing of the Amazon juggernaut as well). We shall see when these go live.
Please stop referring to listing on Amazon as shrewd.
It's the most obvious route to mass market known to man and many other mask providers have already exploited it.
It will be the upon the execution from their chosen seller which will determine how shrewd a move this is.
Does anyone know the sellers username? If it's an established seller with lots of reviews and various products then fantastic for RMS.
If it's a new account aka opportunist then I'd argue the bod would be showing naivety again.
search algorithm. can be expensive for any seller i know i been there , but if the fm seller gets the contract he has to buy 1 million a month stakes starting to get high and good to see and just may be a distribution war starting
@Pebble101 I always use Ebay too. Hope they can do both chanels and many more besides.
@MarketNeo Sounds like it's all in hand as long as they add the link once the Amazon shop is ready that will be great.
They should also consider if there is some way to sell recurring subscriptions eg for someone who wants 10 masks every month say, but doesn't want the bother of having to reorder each time. I don't know if Amazon has such an option? Maybe they could do on their own website? Just a thought.
As for Ebay I do not feel it's a comparison. Amazon is the biggest e-commerce platform in the world. There are compelling reasons why this is a shrewd move by P2F:
1. It can not be found because it is not online yet. Not because the search function is hard to use vs Ebay. See my post above on when this is live.
2. People using Ebay will not have next day or same day delivery with prime. Would you rather have it same day or go via ebay, through to your paypal, then wait 1-2 days for delivery (even if free). Amazon prime is two clicks and the first place 99% of consumers go for household goods post COVID. How many items do you buy on ebay vs Amazon
3. Any Ebay tie up will not be EU. Also it will be smaller infrastucture and not via the Amazon distribution machine
From the research on FM Ltd this will be available across 40-50 countries (depending on which article or website you read).
4. If other posts are to be believed and this is backed by FM Ltd via Amazon, Amazon can push via banners, links, advertising outside of their search algorithm. They can push the mask towards anyone who is even considering buying a mask...not just those looking for the P2F mask.
IMO whilst an Ebay distributor will be a great smaller revenue stream, it is no comparison to being in 40-50 countries backed by Amazon / prime.
Callit, I believe it is because they are not yet live on Amazon and will be soon. Reading between the lines it will be this week. I emailed the distributor who appear to be acting for Francis McIntyre and brokered the deal with P2F (based on other comments on this forum). Their response was:
"Thank you for your email. We are currently working our way through a high volume of enquiries and will respond as soon as possible.
If your enquiry is regarding our client’s launch of the anti-viral face mask please keep checking Amazon or the LL Global Disti twitter feed and website. We will publish the link to purchase on our media channels. These will be available via prime shortly. "
Callit - I have always found Amazon search useless. Type in something and it brings up anything that can be remotely relevant. Ebay seach is much better (it's why I tend to go to Ebay rather than Amazon) so let's hope they use Ebay too.
It's just too 'cunning' to post. I'll communicate it to them.
Maybe this one:
"Antony Legge, Chairman of RMS, said: "The Board has taken note of the depth of feeling amongst the Company's shareholders and hopes that with the defeat of these resolutions a line can be drawn under the past. The Board is committed to improving shareholder communication, not least with the recent appointment of a specialist investor relations advisor and a new dedicated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for shareholders to ask questions.""
rebel you have a cunning plan prey tell
Is there an email address, rather then a 'generic email' address? i.e. investors. I have a plan regards the big retailers they may not have thought of.
for schools so i pupil can got school and if not wearing a mask nothing done what a plonker no back bone
marrs show : the education secretary will not make masks compulsory what a idiot
Bit of a bugbear this but why does their Amazon link not deep link into the product page?
It just takes me to the main Amazon page and even typing the name of the mask I get other peoples masks rather than ours. Hopefully just a teething issue!
Keep up the good work with virion, you're a lot cheaper than Mag Health Care.
Torr I did wonder that when I could only see three. Great vid on twitter by the way the mask looks good
Question relating to the 5 million in the bank does the company need to update us on cash flow /burn rate etc or would that normally come at end of financial year?
Last bit from me and believe me I'm not political but a UK govermemt that funded the mask research seems to have no intention of mass purchase along with being out of step with NHS pay what a bloody embarrassment! . Sod them and sell to the masses in Europe and shame on UK.gov imho
baffyman : this i where volz comes in to the picture they have the knowledge to produce this and looks like prolava have been clever as the distribution suppliers are from 3 different countries within the eu yes amazon covers all lol but i can see where rms are going with this produce via volz and can distribute within eu without tariffs or barriers . may be africa could be the next market to target
Should be 4 on there, virionmask.co.uk complaining tomorrow!
I think the main turning point will be licencing the mask out, or crop studies.
The small machine they have purchased will only make a small amount compared to the overall potential here.
The machine, however, does provide proof of concept and an important step.
Roll on the deals.
Good common sense post !
Agree completely, I think the Amazon tie up will be massive.
These masks will be part of our weekly shop. Mums now best.
I see a lot of posts on again stating lower sp price without any good justification . p2f have now a machine working although not to full capacity but it think this machine will be used for sales and sending samples out within the uk may be Europe. Volz are producing ,and we have distribution set up . I must admit Amazon ? but thinking again who does not buy on Amazon there number 1 in distribution and p2f don't have to worry about distribution and can concentrate on the patent product . The sp will grow uk is lucky to be ahead of the vaccine i get mine next week but will still wear a mask as there is still no long term data that the vaccine can still be transmitted after your jab and thats fact . One more thing it has taken 10 weeks from delivery of mask machine to production and distribution . To me this is a fantastic effort of a new product and production coming to market . End of Sunday sermon