Wentworth CEO sees both capital and dividend growth opportunities in Tanzania's Mnazi gas field Watch Now
London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
I’m unsure as to the other assets but iclaprim is the main headline act! Others may have a better idea of any other intellectual property or assets that we are missing.
April 14 RNS
Tamarack Associates to facilitate the sale of Iclaprim and other assets of Motif . Question dose anyone know what other assets they are selling or are we missing something. Gla
January 28 RNS ? Why would Hercules have warrants which expire on 27 January 2025 if there was nothing going on in the background. Just a thought gla
I’m holding what I have ( average 1p now ) I’ve traded along the way and I in all honestly have a limit sell for a chunk of my share set at 1.7 ( it was set at 3p but I feel that might have been a bit optimistic pre deal being done plus I’ve already made a few quid ) but there is a portion of my holding that won’t get sold no matter what until we get to the final resolution ( Rto ) if I wasn’t already in then I’d have probably bought in Friday but you need to dyor as this one is a risk. A calculated risk but a risk nonetheless.
Plus’s we had two buys at 0.91 and 0.90 on Friday at around 4 o’clock so is the price being held back gla
So if that’s the case would you buy now or hold ?
Quite possible. Lombard could also do a deal in which the other party would gain a huge chunk in one go.
Didn’t realise that! What if main player still hasn’t bought at that point?
Happens to me all the time on my phone. Lol. I believe if a party were to work in concert they would have to declare their position at 30% even if they each held 2%
Flippin auto correct drives me nuts must start proof reading each post after I’ve typed it!!!!
However to gain control they need over 50% either held by themselves or by themselves Ed and parties acting in concert. Lombard odier took a big chunk and have started to sell down slightly if new parties took the entirety of the two sells them each are under the reporting threshold the moment the main protagonist takes a position over the reporting threshold they will have to declare all holdings by themselves and parties acting in concert. So ... truck is here for the currently unconnected parties to build stakes under the reporting threshold and then for the main buyer to go big and fast to get over the total 50% holding in as short as time as possible.
Hi. I’m just basing it on a company buying MOTIF. Not a RTO. If anyone has over 3% they would have to declare it and at a point of 30% they would have to make a statement of offer for the business. IMO at £6m MCAP it’s very expensive for a shell and to purchase a majority holding would probably push it up to that level Of £6m for a majority stake.
Let’s just assume that lamellar has a use for iclaprim it’s been mentioned that it could have a play lined up for treatment for post Covid pneumonia as well as CF via its lamellarsom product. now you wouldn’t enter into this unless you knew for certain of its effectiveness and also given all the connections with our new board appt of the chances of getting approval in this new world we find ourselves operating in. I’m pretty sure Hercules would be pretty responsive to a NEW arrangement with the new company if any of this could be proved to them and what price do you then put on iclaprim and the new company? And that is the rto play most of us are taking a chance on at this point. I accept we are taking a chance but it’s a chance worth taking imo.
Yes agree it’s about Iclaprim. IMO. At current price Motif would cost £6m. Plus to buy right now. On top of that you would have to pay £7m to Hercules ( or come up with a pretty good deal ) = £13m plus before you start to spend tens of millions and several years to resubmit Iclaprim. So much cheaper just to buy Iclaprim from Tamarack which would save £6m plus. There is like you say the possible link which could be the only possible reason for a deal as Hercules has warrants for 1/4 of Motif plc which would obviously clinch a deal. With such a terrible history it’s a huge gamble and I would be amazed to see another try again with Iclaprim. I was amazed at Motif taking it on after its second failure. Nothing is impossible. Over the years I’ve seen trials where the Placebo has shown efficacy twice that of the drug. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I agree as a pure empty shell your right. But that’s the point it’s not a pure empty shell it does still have iclaprim. Look this could go either way but that recent appt to the board does indicate to anyone with any knowledge of their company or of iclaprim that there is something else afoot! Lombard odier also have an incredible habit of turning up where iclaprim is concerned just in time to make money from any sale ( they have done it repeatedly) Could thus be a waste of time? ..... yes it could. But do the little details that we know point in another direction? .... it would seem so. It all boils down to what value can be put on iclaprim. That’s the bit that should be debated on this board everything else is window dressing
Rto value £600k ( savings on doing ipo and speed to bring to market)
Iclaprim = ????? but we know £7m would have to be the starting point.
Motif now having a MCAP of £6m isn’t attractive as a shell. There are around a dozen companies with MCAPs in the region of £250k to £500k which is the price a company would pay for a quick listing. Otherwise it’s normally a 12 week process to list.
It would very much depend on if the company that is interested in iclaprim is also interested in a listing, it could be done either way. If lamellar ( for example ) has a use for iclaprim and also wants the listing then I’d assume it would be easier to keep the whole deal under one roof but if for example lamellar didn’t want the listing but did however still want iclaprim then yes it would make more sense to engage with tamarrack then whoever wants the rto ( if anyone ) could go ahead separately. Tamarrack will be trying to get some kind of return for the company in both scenarios, for the company ( and it’s shareholders ) as well as Hercules. How much of a return I will agree is debatable and Hercules would get paid first regardless.
Yes I fully understand the process of trails as I work in that field. Iclaprim is currently up for sale as we all know- a totally separate deal from the RTO. Motif can only sell Iclaprim if they can pay off Hercules before or part of the process. Motif would only benefit if they get well in excess of £7m. What I’m saying is if you wanted Iclaprim it would be easier to buy it off Tamarack. Rather than add on £6m current value of Motif plc.
Midas, the penny will drop for some of these sooner or later.....
You still don’t flippin get it do you?
The penny has dropped for crying out loud we know what this is and we understood it long before you turned up to deramp this share! BUT .... to say they do not own iclaprim is FALSE !!!! now if you wanted to debate how much potential there is for iclaprim that would be valid ( you get disagreements but it would be a valid argument) If you wanted to speculate over weather this is a viable rto target again you get disagreement but it could be argued but to say they don’t own something that they do is wrong and you know it. As for iclaprim having been put forward for fda approval 3 times I’m sure that in your confidence using that as an argument against it that you have looked into how many mainstream drugs that are used today had multiple attempts at approval before being successful ....... haven’t you?
I think Scott lost his shirt on this. Now trying to trade it and recoup some of his losses. Like I’ve said previously, these are great shares for day trading - it’s not one to buy and put in the bottom drawer. If I were a company I’d deal with Tamarack who are trying to sell Iclaprim on its own- why would I pay another £6m for a shell.
If a company waits until Mtb are in such dire straights they have to sell,that company will have so much competition it will not be able to get Mtb cheaply or at all. However if they buy now they can at least be confident in ownership. Marks point of a mortgage is simple enough for most to understand if someone asks me if I own my own house I do not say no Barclays own it, just to simplify further. If a newbie wants to see this ramper deramper thing in action look at previous infuriating deramping Scott posts then look at Scott ramping and being just as infuriating on advfn it’s eye opening and hilarious.
Midas, the penny will drop for some of these sooner or later.....
People should be pleased to see your informative posts here, and they can see for themselves how the people that were ramping this stock up have now left and started on the next stock they want to make their money on,,,,, crims
You make it sound like the 20 years of research is a good thing. Roche sold it over 20 years back and then it’s been passed around many different companies getting reduced each time like an out of date loaf of bread. It’s already completed stage 3 trials 3 times now and failed. Motif inc have been trying to sell it without any success. I can see the idea of a RTO being a good deal when it’s MCAP was a tiny £250k just a matter of weeks back. If somebody was after Iclaprim now wouldn’t it be easier just to deal Hercules directly. Why would you pay the now £6m plus MCAP to purchase Motif plc. Surely you would just buy Iclaprim direct from Hercules to allow Motif plc to clear some or all of its debts. Remember Hercules will get the first £7m. ( if they were to ever achieve that amount ) the next couple of million over that to clear the other debts. So not sure Motif would ever have any money left from a sale.
BF - no assets apart from 20 years of research and development on a drug that is one trial away from approval and a stock market listing. I can’t believe that you and others are deliberately misleading people by saying that they don’t own iclaprim !!!! They do! They have instructed Tamarrack associates to sell the drug and Hercules have a perfected security arrangement over it.
Your bank if you had a mortgage has a perfected security interest over your property. It’s still an asset ( or the equity is ) and that arrangement means they get paid first if you sell It’s that simple to suggest otherwise is just misleading! There are otherways you and others can deramp here this ain’t one of them!
RosieNas, i am not sure how many times it needs to be pointed out, Motif DO NOT HAVE ANY ASSETS, they are an AIM listed SHELL COMPANY, that means they have NO ASSETS just a small amount of cash.
A few months down the line when the directors have taken salaries they will be back to another fund raise via another placing.....IMO