London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
Just re reading my 13.47 post , feel I need to clarify .
Whilst my first 3 or 4 sentences read as if I am against the draft , I am not
.Whilst it presents a character assassination of the Co / officers , its a true reflection of our plight / history .
If we get no response than that would indicate to me games over anyway so would be happy to send parting shot .
Couple of views on draft letter content .
Headline in Govt leaning press ...Western speculators in our country loose their pocket money in FRR as Company deserts them .
I would imagine Mr Joe Public in Georgia reaction to be something along the lines of ...poor little rich folk in UK loosing their gambling money whilst our folk linked to Company loose their jobs.....
Our enemies in Georgia and USA will say ...great just what we need ...
I think it paints Zaza as a lair and cheat and us as fools , taken in by him and now spitting our dummies out .
Having said the above the object is to get the Company to engage with us and negate the need to forward the letter to anyone outside the company .
I would be in favour of sending letter to ZM , SN and LG giving them a clear response date .
If they fail to respond with the knowledge of what will be sent to Georgia then that will tell its own story and we have nothing further to lose by forwarding on .
The draft presented to them will of course be what we will send to reporter if we get no / unsuitable response . So I would add into the draft they see a final para that we had presented it to them and still were ignored .
Re the timings of before after election should we have to involve the press.
Suppose it depends on how long we give them to respond , I was thinking 7 days but 14 may be more reasonable, if they take us seriously they will have to communicate internally / come up with response etc , we want a proper thought out one not a holding one .
If sent today that takes us into October for deadline end ( assuming no response or they leave it till last moment .
Their response if any , will I assume assist us in deciding next action i.e. are we happy with it or not , do we need to respond to them for any clarifications etc or are they so dismissive of us that we involve reporters.
Whatever , I think the question of before or after election cannot be made until we see how they react and we have taken a view .
Finally I think the covering letter we send to them is just as crucial in its wording as the actual “ press release “ it needs to be a good balance of hard & threatening / on their side ( for now)
Timing is everything, Ill let you know when I agree that its time for you to throw your toys out the pram SR.. thats likely to be when hope is all but extinquished a time im pretty sure you are trying your hardest to bring forward.
Im logging off now I don;t want Loed to have to read all this rubbish .. Im pretty sure SR just wants to muddy the waters as much as he can,
You mean you overcommitted yourself financially and are now too scared to do anything but sit and hope? Fair enough but don't expect me to agree with your strategy. Even if the company has been a political tool, and I don't rule that out entirely, it still means he knowingly lied to us and caused people to over invest. My take on that is not to meekly accept it. Not sure why you are calling me a liar, I was on this board years before you came along and have provided evidence of shareholdings to this board, but if it makes you feel better then imagine I'm a paid de-ramper.
Becasue SR we don't have any choice those of us (obviously not youself) handed over money to him. If he fails we fail. Destroying the companys reputaion in Georgia has been GG main aim recently and this will certain aid that aim as full well you know.
For balance and I know you will hate this SR as it flies in the face of your retoric that I am a paid ramper. It is very possible this company has been a political tool all along to aid Georgia transition to the west possibly with the outcome of the company never ever bringing in any finacial returns. However it is clear that Georgia needs to transition to the West to stand ANY chance of a finacial return and to develope any of Georgia resources and to challenge Russia energy dominance of Europe.
I think there is a very good chance the label liar could be hung on your door SR
But at the last shareholder meeting he stood up and said the geopolitics was fine and not an issue, neither was the arbitration. That makes him either incompetent or a liar. Either way, why you continue to trust him is mind boggling.
If Loed didn't give a monkeys what the rest of us thought and was going to just send the letter anyway then I suspect he would have just done it anyway and not even bothered to write on this board.
I hope it doesn't waste too much of his time reading this BS in his morning.
Loed has done a great deal and we all only have great respect and appreicaition for him.
It just seems liek a big gamble to risk damaging the company just to get an email from them saying 'Sorry can't talk right now will be in touch later' Which realistically is all you are likely to get until we move onto firmer ground ie with a governement that actually wants us in thier Country.
well looed only asking our view he can go right ahead and sort it himself if he wants
Not putting words in his mouth, just repeating what he posted earlier. Try reading it. My personal view as stated a number of times already is that it's totally up to Looed to do what he wants and no one else's opinion matters. If he decides to wait then that is fine by me as it's him who has come up with the idea, made the contacts and constructed the letter.
Of course none of us are sure what is going or what the best course of action, except of course SR who knows exactly.
SR you seem to be putting alot of words in Loed mouth which ironic really as I am the bully for suggesting that perhaps a way forward which is agreeable to the majority of shareholders (which ever that may be) would be best.
I am very happy to see what Loed has to say on the matter as opposed to what SR says Loed has to say on the matter.
I am for writing to the company / sentator / emabassy but perhaps we could just give tehm teh deadline of after the election I really feel that is the make or break here and it seems SR does as well except perhaps we favours break.
Clearly stories in the Georgian media do sway votes else why would GG and Zaza have such an open slaning match?
As shareholders, the main reason for our investment is to make money. At the moment, that ambition has largely shrunk to hoping to get our money (or even part of it!) back. If we have any chance at all of seeing even that money, then destroying whatever good reputation the company has - particularly in it's homeland, doesn't strike me as being a good way of achieving any sort of remittance.
I understand the anger of course. But going to the press and effectively asking them if they want to destroy the company before the election - before we have seen whether this might lead to a good outcome for us - is short-sighted in the extreme.
We are still shareholders. While that remains the case, there is always the hope, however dim, that something good will come out of this mess. If we throw the company to the wolves, then even that faint hope will disappear, and so will all prospects of ever seeing a return of any sort on our investment.
I can see no good coming out of alerting the press before the election, apart from blindly letting off steam - an empty gesture, just sound and fury that achieves nothing useful.
Like what you are doing Star? Give me strength!
I will only say along lines of what you have said on not letting SR have any control/imput on this decision.
Overall I can see good reasoning on both sides on whether to make contact before or after election. So whatever one is chosen, let's hope that it helps us on finding out some concrete info on what the fck, is happening.
No, you and others trying to twist Looed's post into a vote when he has made it clear it's for him as an individual to make his decision alone but that he is open to including the feelings of others with a different view. So, do as he requested and propose something for Looed to include instead of trying to coerce him to put it to a vote. I just hate that sort of bullying behaviour.
Bullying mob as in the opposition in Belarus (or even Russia)?
Thats a very fine line you are walking there SR.
All for democracy, but also for the individual against the bullying mob.
I vote wait until after elections.
Not a surprising post SR, not keen on Democracy eh?
Im very sure Loed would not go against the majority of the shareholders wishes. I do trust HIS best intentions.
What a great effort putting all that together! I fully support your sending it to FRR and then, after some time for a response, to a reporter. Apart from a few typos in part 1, is it worth adding the fact that the government paid some compensation for unpaid salaries to the 80 ex-Frontera employees of some 380 USD each? Zaza seemed utterly indifferent to their plight also.
We should use the timing of the election to our advantage in that there is an incentive for the company to reassure shareholders and not risk attracting media attention in the run-up to the election if there is anything worthwhile going on in the background.
It's not a vote thing. Looed has already said that he has decided on his course of action , but he has generously offered to include in the letter the viewpoint of those who prefer to delay. So as requested, why don't you propose something for Looed to include instead of trying to suggest Looed has to have a vote to decide his course of action.
i vote do something now its the perfect time
if somethings happening zaza or someone from company should be quick to respond
mole your posts are terrific
Hopefully democracy is not lacking in Georgia or on this board. This could be easily resolved with a vote. As much as I like to see comments from SR as it gives me confidence that if someone finds the energy to attack something then that something is worthy of attack. However the main thing is not to let SR take over the thread and distract us from our aims.
Can we take a vote?
EkXoc, you seriously believe that Looed putting out that letter would undermine the general election? It's a statement of fact, nothing sensationalist. You have been saying all along that the lawyers have advised him not to contact shareholders till the court cases are complete. So surely that is all he has to say when questioned and all the Georgians will go 'Oh ok, that makes sense' just like you have. Interesting that you seem to become panicked at the thought of this.
i tend to agree Lubumbashi - hope all good with you.
brg - i think mole has more than burnt the bridge that makes that suggestion a reality - lmoa
My tuppence worth, that's what my shares appear to be worth.
FRR has never been a typical AIM company. When it was listed we never heard a thing until the pressure was put on and the Zaza era started and we received great comms. Those were probably part of our undoing (if you believed the reserves that were being discovered) because every one wanted to be in on it. The Russians couldn't believe what they had left behind, the GG got greedy and tried to renegotiate and, worst of all, we had an internal squabble with Hope/Outrider trying to stage a palace coup. All of this combined set in motion what should have been the demise of FRR had it been a normal AIM listing. But, here we are 2 years on with still a glimmer of hope that the Phoenix might rise.
Maybe it is time to do something to tip the balance. The involvement of a journalist or respected analyst (Malcy?) could be the answer. The basis of the proposed letter looks good, I would include more on the Outrider squabble as I believe Hope was inn serious dereliction of his fiduciary duties. I think the key to getting an answer from the company will be in the choice of who the letter is sent to.
Just my thoughts.