London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
Have BPC ever confirmed the conversion ratio for the conversion loan? Or the call price? Would be interesting to know
1.27p was close to the prevailing SP. Anyone could have bought at 1.3p.
Converted at 1.27p lol - so much better than the 1.17p the first tranche was as converted at.
If you read my post I said WHEN the rest of the loan is drawdown there will be further conversion of loan notes into shares. I’m struggling to understand why this is so difficult for you to comprehend
Bully's Fake news post 3. He 'forgot' to mention RNS 1/6/20 that superseded the one he quoted.
RNS 1/6/20 bottom of page 2 with my CAPS for emphasis....: https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/bahamas_petroleum_company/news/rns/story/w11dm9w ……
‘As announced on 1 May 2020, the investor has previously converted, in aggregate, £3.165 million of the amounts drawn down by the Company into new ordinary shares. The Company has now received a conversion notice in respect of the remaining balance of £1.535 million, at a conversion price of 1.27 pence per share, and, pursuant to the terms of the Facility, the Company will proceed to issue 120,866,141 new ordinary shares (the "Conversion Shares") to the investor. Thereafter, there will be NO FURTHER CONVERTIBLE NOTES REMAINING ON ISSUE and the Company will have NO debts owing under the Facility and NO material debts owing to any other parties. The Company considers an essentially DEBT-FREE balance sheet with retained cash holdings to be an advantageous position as it looks to develop its funding strategy in a changed market landscape, ahead of drilling in late 2020’.
[My bottom line: Warning: always DYOR, check previous posts by clicking on their name, and assume the person posting has a conflict of interest including me. Why would anyone want to say negative things about a share they purportedly own, unless they don’t]
Not misinformation at all - you’re just delusional as you’re clearly knee deep in the share. The warrants and share options are NOT dependant on the SP “soaring”. The warrants and share option have an average price of 2.24p (from BPC annual accounts) and will be flipped for a quick profit by some - hence all the 8.3 and 8.5 forms you have seen recently.
You’re accusing me of misquoting an RNS haha. Funny there wasn’t a RNS correcting this error. This is the exact wording from the RNS copy and pasted
“ As announced on 3 April 2020, the investor has previously converted, in aggregate, £2.24 million of the amounts drawn down by the Company into new ordinary shares. The Company has now received a conversion notice in respect of an additional £0.925 million, at a conversion price of 1.17 pence per share, and, pursuant to the terms of the Facility, the Company will proceed to issue 79,059,830 new ordinary shares (the "Conversion Shares") to the investor. Thereafter, £1.54 million of convertible notes will remain on issue, and remain subject to conversion or redemption in accordance with their terms and conditions”
I mean I don’t know what else to say. The family office converted shares at 1.17p. Suffice to say the rest of the lending will have a similar rate of conversion.
Bully's post is again misleading and stating as facts what are NOT facts.
1. CERP shares 800m post merger in BPC equivalent NOT 935m
2. 200m Warrants irrelevant until 2021-2024 IF SP soars. Refer to my post this morning .
3. Rest of his 'evidence' is totally fabricated stating as fact the BoD have committed to the need to issue 1.8b shares making the total 5-5.5b. Refer to my point 3 from this morning. And he has used misquoted RNSs from May/June as a precedent that if a CLN is executed it will be at around 1.2p!!!
Bully: stop this mis-information. Assuming you have any shares, I suggest you sell them if you are so worried about mega dilution and don't trust the BoDs who unanimously voted in favour of the merger . I suspect and allege you are just shorting the stock for personal gain at the expense of others.
BPC shares in issue - 2484million
CERP shares in issue - 935million
Conversion of Lind loan - 80million
Warrants and share options 200million - some of these are for financial institutions - not just the BoD - and have expiration dates (between 2021-2024) so will most likely be converted
Loan - 1.28billion shares - for the evidence I suggest you read the RNS from 01 May 2020. The loan from Bahamas family office was increased to £16million and the second tranche of loan notes were converted to shares - £0.925 million of loan notes were converted to 79,000,000 shares at a price of 1.17p. Using this formula we can work out the loan of £16million will have a conversion to shares of around 941million shares (minus circa £3million already converted -19%) equals 763million shares.
We can assume one further round of contractor and Lind issued for July so another 17million CERP shares = 13.6million BPC shares.
Looking for ability to issue a further 1.8billion shares to shareholders (at a reduction I would imagine) and to issue further shares for BoD.
My point is this is around 5-5.5billion shares without the further dilution asked for and all at a reduced rate - he’ll even the Bahamas trust were sold shares at 2p when the share price was 3p! There will be massive selling pressure for a long time going forward that will surpress most gains from any oil find
Bully1985’s post is misleading. My commentary in [ ]
1. Let's talk about the shares in issue - you say there are 3.4billion in issue after the merger. [correct, INCLUDING shares to pay off Lind debt. See point 5 ]
2. This ignores the convertible loan options and other options and warrants currently outstanding. [As at merger date there are NO BPC CLNs that can be triggered. Outstanding debt: NONE. Cash in the bank: approx. 10m BPC + c2m? CERP]
3. When the loan is fully drawn down it will have created convertible shares of approximately 1.25billion @ 1.28p. [WHAT LOAN? WHERE DID he get a figure of 1.28p from relating to future CLNs if any? NO RNS has been issued stating this will happen. Refer to BPC email received last week and my commentary on the BPC BB 9/7/20 0309 AM. It discusses future funding options and future dilution.]
4. There are currently a further 200million share option or warrants outstanding @ 2.34p average. [These are part of the directors and staff incentive packages, many of whom have worked with reduced pay or no pay. BoD options and warrants are usually triggered when a company is doing very well, otherwise there is no point triggering them! They are a common incentive for public companies worldwide, with the exception of dictatorships where the incentive to perform is to avoid being imprisoned or getting shot. ]
5. There are also further shares issue for the repayment of the Lind loan facility to come (although can't find any exact figures - assume another 500m shares) [This is FALSE and the assumption WRONG. Lind debt will be paid off by Trafalgar with c80m shares NOT 500m. These 80m are included in the 3.4b total in point 1 above. ]
6. So assuming no further dilution you are looking at closer to 5.5billion shares. Given the reduction on the current SP of these share option and warrants they will be sold into and the surpress the SP for a long time. [Bully’s bottom line maths is based on misleading exaggerations and as such the calculations irrelevant and WRONG ]
7. on the subject of dilution BPC asked for further issuance of new shares for the BoD (laughable given their current options) and for further shareholders so unlikely there will not be further dilution. [Refer to point 4 re BoD incentive]
[My bottom line: to have a difference of opinion is fine. To scaremonger based on fake information and exaggeration of the known facts is NOT. Bully should sell his shares (if he has any) and go off and short another company]
Over the years the one lesson I've learned re these boards is when everyone posts 24/7 trying to influence my investment decisions the best option is to do the opposite, Just go with the BOD if you trust them " They after all have first hand knowledge off what is best for the company.
I’d much rather buy in after spud at 6-8p than take the risk of losing 50% or more buying at 2.5p-3p. Sure a lot in the same boat
The authority to issue potentially 1.8bn shares is in addition to the 900m new shares required for the merger.
Let's talk about the shares in issue - you say there are 3.4billion in issue after the merger. This ignores the convertible loan options and other options and warrants currently outstanding.
When the loan is fully drawn down it will have created convertible shares of approximately 1.25billion @ 1.28p. There are currently a further 200million share option or warrants outstanding @ 2.34p average. There are also further shares issue for the repayment of the Lind loan facility to come (although can't find any exact figures - assume another 500m shares)So assuming no further dilution you are looking at closer to 5.5billion shares. Given the reduction on the current SP of these share option and warrants they will be sold into and the surpress the SP for a long time.
on the subject of dilution BPC asked for further issuance of new shares for the BoD (laughable given their current options) and for further shareholders so unlikely there will not be further dilution
Sugardaddy: Firstly, I believe your post is well argumented and fair considering you are totally against the merger. You are not attempting to mislead anyone to agree with your point of view. I will attempt to reciprocate having stated for the record I am totally in favour of the merger.
1. I disagree Trafalgar will dump 80m shares. Remember 2 BPC CLNs were repaid in shares in May and June, total 199m. Despite this and evidence the holders were selling off, the BPC SP doubled. However I agree Trafalgar being a financial institution and not a speculator in frontier oil exploration companies will dispose of most of their shares. Furthermore, 80m shares over a period of a weeks or months is nothing: just over 2% of the merged company.
2. I disagree the ex-Columbus directors will dump all their shares. They have insider knowledge about the merger and unanimously voted in favour. They know of stuff we don’t, however I agree they may sell some of their shares if they need cashflow money while unemployed, unless they are given short term consulting contracts by BPC.
3. I agree BPC are asking for shareholder approval for 1.8b shares of which only half will be issued for the CERP merger. It makes perfect sense to have shareholder pre-approval for the remaining shares otherwise it causes admin headaches and more voting. Some may be used in the permutations you stated. Please refer to BPC email received last week and my commentary on the BPC BB 9/7/20 0309 AM UK time. Some of the unallocated shares may be used if worst case scenario point 7 in that post is applicable to do Bahamas spud.
4. I agree with your quote, ‘However, they have stated that "given current financial resources, the Company does not anticipate requiring any further working capital for the next 12 months’
5. Please refer to my post at 8am this morning, re the possible upward pressure on the SP over the next few months until spud, to over compensate for the potential downward pressure of above points 1, 2, and possibly 3.
Bottom line: readers of your post and mine can make their own decisions. However it is good that you and I with totally different viewpoints can have a civilized public debate in a respectful way.
Have a good afternoon. I'm about to watch some footie.
Under the merger resolution, BPC will issue 900m new shares - taking the total to 3.38bn - of which approx 804m shares will be handed to Columbus shareholders and executives and approx 80m will be issued in a placing to Trafalgar Capital Management for cash which will be used to pay off Lind, leaving the merged entity effectively debt-free. However, it's safe to assume that Trafalgar will proceed to dump its BPC shares on the market (along with Columbus directors who will want at least to crystallise their back-salaries which were paid in CERP shares and doubtless other shareholders who may opt to sell), so there will be selling pressure on the BPC SP. Also, BPC have guaranteed Trafalgar a 10% profit within four months which, if it fails to materialise, will be made up by BPC issuing more shares as compensation to Trafalgar (or by paying cash).
On top of this, BPC are seeking shareholder approval to renew and extend their existing authority to issue 1.8bn new shares should they need to raise cash opportunistically to fund Perseverance#2 or any other project or acquisition. If they issue all 1.8bn, the total would increase to 5.18bn. However, they have stated that "given current financial resources, the Company does not anticipate requiring any further working capital for the next 12 months" - albeit things may turn out differently of course.
BPC Webinar event Thursday 16/7 1800 UK time event.webinarjam.com/register/341/gwwg2ho5
(courtesy of Linton78 on BPC BB....Thanks Linton)
Bully: I'm more than prepared to do research (backed with references and justifications) and be generally helpful...my currently busy schedule permitting. What I'm not prepared to do is research on behalf of persons who don't read my prior posts properly, de-ramp, and misquote my posts to argue their case.
1. I believe a combined BPC/CERP will have a market cap of MUCH more than £125m pre-spud and given rationale opinions since 11/6/20 based on research and previous precedent, which I suggest you read, rather than asking me to retype everything again. I haven't got the time to be your PA.
2. I am still awaiting an apology from you for starting an offensive thread yesterday entitled, 'Little Rat', alleging I snitched on you.
Have a great day
Can I ask another question - you state there will be 3.4billion shares in issue by merger date however this does not include convertible shares from the lending. Have you worked out how many shares this lending will convert to? Don’t want to scroll through all the BPC older RSNs if I can avoid
Your thread is entitled “post merger market cap possibilities” and you’re clearly bullish on this share so I’m certain you think £125million is fair value. So I’ll ask again, what makes you think this company will be worth £125m when you look around and find similar companies with proven oil reserves and much higher oil flow rates with similar market caps
Bully, re your comment...'What on earth makes you think a fair value for BPC/CERP is also £125million'.
1. What makes you state I came up with this figure?
2. Read my post again
3. Watch the presentations again
4. Fact: BPC in Feb 2020, without CERP, interday SP was 5.72p and hit a market cap of £121m on 25/2/20 (ref https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BPC.L/history?p=BPC.L) with c2.1b shares in play.
Make your own decisions and DYOR
Hurricane Energy have 2C oil reserves of around 2.5billion barrels, have already struck oil, are producing around 13,000 bopd, have obtained farm in on some licences and yet they have a market cap of £124 million.
What on earth makes you think a fair value for BPC/CERP is also £125million. A lot of similarities in the funding methods between BPC and Hurricane also
Assuming for simplicity there are 3.4b shares in the combined BPC/CERP after merger, using figures as stated in recent presentations which talked of a combined market cap of £125m this equates to a SP of 3.67p. However for the sake of this exercise, let’s be conservative and use a combined market cap of c£100m and 3p per BPC share as a bottom line base, on the morning after the merger.
What will affect this 3p baseline until year end are two sets of future news: BPC news relating to events leading to the Bahamas spud and CERP news on everything else. For simplicity I will use the following assumptions:
1. BPC news post-merger will affect c75% of the overall SP and market cap; CERP news c25%.
2. BPC news expected will likely deal purely with the spud, and in February 2020 experts predicted 8p. For simplicity, rather than a prediction on my part, let’s assume this figure is 6p post-merger, not taking into account CERP news, but taking into account 800m new CERP converted shares.
3. CERP news expected post-merger (courtesy of LGO-fan 8/7/20) includes
• New Contract for Goudron with far better terms, allowing for more profitable BOPDs
• Test results from S1 (MC), and turning this into a producer
• Start drilling S2 ASAP
• Successful CO2-project
• Concrete Plans for WNZ
4. LGO-fan also predicted possibility of 5-10p SP had CERP remained as now, un-merged, based on above news.
(a) How much will the £100m market cap (3p/share) increase based on the above scenarios leading to a DEFINITE Perv-1 spud?
(b) How will the SP change based on positive or negative CERP news?
(c) What will happen when other institutional investors in addition to J Finn and Mersey pension fund, have a flutter based on the huge ROI potential of finding a middle eastern sized oil field 1st qtr 2021? (Remember a small flutter on their part, equates to a typical private investor’s life’s savings)
All constructive feedback welcome.