London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
Star - big xxxxx
I try my best mon ami!
IK: if you wanted a job as a senior diplomat, world peace and a Nobel prize would likely follow.
For the avoidance of doubt I refer to our BPC IK and not CERP's delightful IK (Irene K) as we don't wish for world war 3.
Find - my goodness - a light in the firmament.
Always to the point and with far less B/S.
Luv ya fella - and appreciate your acuity!
CC you sound like the Bahamas gov. will blame BPC for the hold ups when in fact they are the ones who have dragged their feet, If they had committed themselves to oil exploration many years ago when the 3d results were in there is a good chance, and I am being totally optimistic here, that we could have been in production on our third or fourth well.
If this virus continues to affect the oil industry then it could be that we will wait much longer than December, God forbid.
I do not know what your experience is in the oil industry but as you may or may not know there are many, many facets making up the logistical success of punching a hole in the ground and until all of them come together, virus allowing, it will take as long as it takes and there is nothing the Bahamas government can do about it
Extensions were only required due to the moratorium that was put in place (for drilling), by the gov of the Bahamas.
Still waiting for the first zebra to be pulled from potters @rse.
Findme my sentiment of the Bahamas was not that they are not interested. Completely the opposite, they need and want this to happen however the endless extensions have run out. BPC have to deliver this drill.
Thank goodness for a clarified mind- GL mate.X
Thebhoys - I was not trying to call you out but your original post suggested
" I held 1.,900,000 shares in BPC but recently sold 1,000,000 and purchased CERP shares "
I used the simplest logic of using 2.7 being the static price of BPC over 'recent' weeks - I wasn't going to be anal and trawl through all trades. I am aware there is some fluctuation during the day but the 2.7 closing bid price has been static for weeks.
Again - just an observation, and what I do with my money and you do with yours is a personal matter. I was not trying to create any animosity, purely reacting to your personal statement on the board. You questioned my numbers and gave the answer. The sales of course come before the buys in your initial comment. I do not need to know nor was I requesting to know the ins and outs.
Stay safe, stay cool and we will all have a fantastical journey on the way to drilling P1. ;@)
Still no meaningful facts from Harry about the drill and Star seems to have gone off the radar.
to continue... their salvation will lie with P1 and BPC are the most advanced here to bring home the bacon.
As far as financial stability is concerned, when I started working in Saudi forty years ago I was working with oilies from Texas and Oklahoma who were producing more than CERP from a nodding donkey in their back yard.
CC, when I read your post intimating that the Bahamas governments patience with BPC was getting thin I nearly fell over the back of my chair laughing. If you really have been in touch with BPC for as long as you say then you will know of the shenanigans both parties have got up to over the years egged on with the religious sector(no thoughts about the downtrodden from these people or the NIMBYS) then you would see how ridiculous you statement is. The catastrophic damage caused by the typhoon and the effects of CV19 is what has made them sit up and realise that the
Let’s leave it at that. There will be no more chitter chatter. I hope whatever decision you make is the right one.
Wrong Bryn. I bought shares between 1.4 and 2.4 and sold between 2.74p and 3.0p.
Whatever makes you think it’s my only shares? How small minded! Anyway let’s leave it at that i have given a reason as to why my views are such.
The bhoys why did you invest in bpc in the first place you must have lost faith in the bod to not deliver the well after it were cancelled due to covid so why didn't you sell up like you keep telling everyone else to do it was always shxt or bust with perseverance 1 you knew that you paid your money you took your chance,as you say you bottled it maybe high risk high reward ain't for you, you should have invested in something you were more comfortable with, instead you want all us long term investors who paid our money took our chance high risk high reward who havent bottled it to go along with you to make you feel more comfortable in your new more balanced investment strategy lower risk, I'd say to you it is you who should have sold up and let us with more gumption about us high risk high reward players,play the game we bought our chips for.you were obviously in the wrong share in the first place cause we all know we could lose the lot fair play but deep down you couldn't afford to take that risk I was and so were many others. so dont start preaching just because you couldn't hack it a lot of us can.
By the way - the sums
£27.000 as a result of sale of 1,000,000 BPC
Purchase of £27,000 of CERP shares at 1.9p per share
Current value of that shareholding £24,864 which is a minus of £2,136 or thereabouts.
I had to do some computer work before going out so perhaps foolishly looked back on here as the tab was open.
Thebhoys - I looked at the offer price of BPC which has been statiic for a couple of weeks which would have gained circa £27k on the premise you sold a million BPC. The purchase price of CERP does not look like it has changed a lot so I worked it at current offer price of 1.9p per share which equates to approximately £2k without any trading fees.
It wasn't a snide remark - more a curious remark as with the current state of play (I think all will be passed) perhaps a wise move but if it does not go through perhaps the result may be devastating as would a duster for BPC on their own.
My own dream for the future would be BPC strike oil - a major comes along and puts in a great offer - then BPC moves along and creates the Uruguay and Trinidad & Tobago exploration and producing minnow and start it all over again with licences/drilling deadlines etc.
Stay safe, stay nice and I really need to do some work before having to collect the kids. Bye for now.
Bryn were do you get £2k from do your suns. I am what you see is what you get. Like cars I don’t mind throwing facts into the ring. I was just stating a fact that I bottled it when it came to holding. If the merger does not go ahead at least i am invested in a company who’s producing. Ppl come onto this forum shout their gob off and most of the time are just instigators because they have nothing better to do. I have my disagreements as Jim knows but I want ppl on this site to know I am passionate, honest but most of all we all come out off this time of uncertainty smiling especially Jim. I don’t care who believes me and who doesn’t. My views are based on my investment
Thebhoys - making such a decision to declare you bought 1,421,052 shares or thereabouts in CERP drops you a little over £2k though should the merger not go ahead would it be such a wise move.
Declaring such personal information can lend itself to the status of zero to hero or the exact opposite.
Similarly when folk post their 'you would be better off investing in ???' that get added to the fantasy portfolio I know who to ignore or take notice of in the future.
Cars - I do not know you and I do not know of your investment. I have no reason to disbelieve you of course.
That said this is an anonymous bulletin board and whilst you cite personal detail and have your heart, soul in the detail and everything to prove what you say - the reality is you have perhaps never met any of the posters and we could all be charlatans. Try not to become to personal in your posts as it can result in major frustration for you.
For info, until shown otherwise, I take you comments that you have made about your investment and contacts at face value.
Stay safe all - the pubs and shops will be opening over the weekend - it will be manic - B ;@)
P.S. Patients made me titter
I agree with that Carscoffee. I held 1.,900,000 shares in BPC but recently sold 1,000,000 and purchased CERP shares based on that fact I cannot take the risk on BPC if the merger is rejected. It shows the market and investors that shareholders do not trust their board. It sends out the wrong signals.
I will lay my cards on the table.
I have watched BPC for 10 years. I live between the Bahamas and the UK. I am very aware and have a lot of knowledge (I can talk to the PM) in the Bahamas and all the delicate politics involved in these deals.
Patients is getting thin with BPC and the lack of action.
I do not know 100% that the drill will not happen however the constant reference from both sides in regards to the merger is that it will strengthen the financials and give access to more avenues to funding.
This kind of talk translates to we need this to happen to get the funding needed.
I am all in on the hope that the P1 drill goes ahead and is successful. The reason I have decided to come in after the 10 years is because I have faith in Leo more than the BPC board and I see the assets as a way to get the funding needed.
I have hedged my bet by investing in 15,000,000 CERP shares because if the merger doesn’t happen I don’t want to be holding nothing when the Bahamas government pull the rights from BPC.
If you guys want to take the risk that after 10 years your team will deliver then go ahead. I really am investing for BPC not CERP but I will not take that risk if they are on their own.
CarsCoffee, A very interesting comment which seems to have been written after you have imbibed a large amount of the second part of your posting name.
Please, in detail tell me and others why the drill will not go ahead if we do not merge with CERP. A honest logical analysis may influence my vote.
I agree Carscoffee about voting yes. The board have unanimously agreed to the merger. If you believe in BPC then we have to back the board in their views. We’ve believed and trusted them up until now so to vote no and disagree with the BOD is a contradiction in itself.
why will a drill not happen without the merger?