Speakers from Touchstone Exploration, Shanta Gold, Savannah Resources and Kavango Resources feature in our Natural Resources webinar on May 25th. Please register here.
London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
Sooz, that's a good point, but I should have specified that I was thinking more along the lines of us gaining the initial exploration permits, rather than keeping them current once we had them. Yes, we didn't carry out the work with Parki 2 area simply because of the concession award problem. Hence an explanation from us to that effect and the reversal of the decision.
Problems at their end heaped onto the shoulders of the junior minnow. We've had much to deal with.
Hey, I'm sure Tak will appreciate your efforts.
As for Pocko, he's probably had enough and been cryogenically frozen. With the cake. Lol.
Where's Pocko....is he busy making a cake?
Eric....Not quite so: I believe but I'm not certain that Parkjaure Nr 2 licence (18/01/2008) renwal was declined because no work had been carried out and that the Company appealed the decision; a Work Plan was in place but the circumstances of the delay in KN decision had stalled it. I note from the Prospectus that Parki No 2 is back and valid until 2023 so they won the appeal. Drilling on KS is scheduled for this summer...how exciting it will be to hear those drills turning again. Looking at the Prospectus again...here's a bit for Tak: "Finally, the Company has embarked on advancing social studies, specifically aimed at advancing discussions on formal agreements with key stakeholders including the Jokkmokk municipality and the Sami reindeer herders. The Company considers this work as critical to maximising the benefits that Kallak will generate for all stakeholders."
Oh yes, the KS drill programme. Makes me tingle with excitement that does. Drilling at Kal again. Lol. I do like to hear machinery in operation. Not sure when that one will begin now though, with the UNESCO hurdle put in the way. As you say, the Parki 6 exploration licence was dispensed, swiftly so too, no bother. Well, with all the trouble to gain a concession on Kal, why issue that? You've hit the nail on the head I think Sooz. No reason why we shouldn't be granted the KN concession, with our spotless application, just as we have been given the Parki 6 exploration licence. It's only political moves that are stopping it from happening. If it were something else, Parki 6 surely should not have been issued, especially so readily, for us to explore that area further.
That is possibly a point Kurt could use. All throughout, we have never had difficulty gaining an exploration permit for the Kal area.
To my memory that is.
Yes, it would be good to hear something on the other fronts and also the drilling programme on KS. Talking of which, it's odd isn't it they we have just recently been awarded Parki No 6 when this whole Kallak project seems to be in some sort of doubt...doubt from the politicians that is not doubt from the Mining Industry.
Surely it can't be too long before we hear of the Kosovo work plan for this year. Kurt mentioned in the 8 February £200k to Vardar RNS that they were analysing the data and preparing targets for further investigation. Couple of months gone by since. It was mentioned again in the Unaudited Results February update, so with it now nearing May, I'd expect some solid news on the plan.
Just a point, away from our Kallak focus.
Oh, I agree, I don't like that kind of talk. Just especially for the media. Tis bothersome.
Morning Eric...I saw her in an interview and I wasn't too impressed, especially with her comment that she wanted her daughter to grow up thinking she could be Prime Minister; I thought such a possibility had already been established. And that it was the pinnacle of ambitions!
Sooz, if they are just avoiding making the concession decision and taking us into the next election zone, then it beggars belief. How many times does Kurt have to stress our green credentials for this mining project?
Shoulder shrug. x
Sooz, thanks for those comments. I take your point about Annie, yes. I think she left the political scene to start a family, so maybe she now has more important things to nurture and grow and is keeping a low profile. No politics while at home, the joys of motherhood perhaps being enough to contend with. Lol.
Or maybe the issue was seen in her eyes as a potential can of worms at the time that she simply didn't want to open.
I quite like Linda though. A strong 'un.
TT. Hate to say it but the way this is going, with all the government shenanigans and weasel words I am beginning to think maybe a court case with the aim of punitive damages and cost recovery would be the better option so we can move on as a company and develop our other assets.
Let's face it, if we ever do get the go ahead, there will be so many burning hoops and restrictions that any hopes of 20p to 30p SP will be a distant dream
It is just a game of cat and mouse here. The western european politicians are paralysed with fear of the climate change lobby which has hijacked the EU. Few politicians will risk the wrath of demonic Greta, even BoJo has backed down over Cumbria. Rational debate is impossible and governments get round this by pushing costs onto users and consumers by forcing imports whilst outsourcing ever more emissions to countries that laugh at Europe.
It is a question of waiting for the big payday of gaining approval or sueing the swedish government for aborted costs and risking the loss of rights to mine a fantastic opportunity.
A tough choice and our best hope is that Kurt times it right when to go legal as I feel the politicians would settle amicably to rid themselves of an ongoing sore.
PS Yes...hellish it is.
Hello Eric. Talking about the politics, Annie Loof was the Minister responsible in 2014 and one notes she hasn't put her head above the parapet on this matter, whereas Linda Modig has. Re the fact that it's nothing to do with UNESCO... my best guess is the same as Treetop's (I think) and my most optimistic flight of hopefulness is that it's a belt and braces attempt to calm the green lobby. It could of course just by kicking the can down the road as far as possible to another election.
Sooz, based on the proximity of Kal to Lap, and Kurt saying that it isn't a matter for UNESCO, yet the Government has decided it is, what exactly has to be resolved with UNESCO that is taking so long? Have you any idea about what was asked of them? I guess it's just to confirm that the World Heritage status won't be affected by Kal, but when we completed the HIA, nothing was mentioned at the time by anyone re the World Heritage status. Unless something else has arisen, the Government is just continuing to stall on a decision and it not following up with UNESCO to push for its comments kind of supports that.
Hmmm. Hellish. Lol.
Lb, we now have Sven writing and backed up by the KU findings. We need to see what Baylan does, how he deals with Sven's letter. We surely have a mounting case in our favour, but taking legal action is a last resort. What isn't a last resort is the mention of being left with no other option than to take legal action. The suggestion of it.
In my view the KU findings should have opened a few sleeping ministers' eyes. If that hasn't impacted upon Baylan's world and he is still sliding our application sideways with the UNESCO referral not being chased up at all, then we need to use those findings when we write to Big Stef.
PS Just to make the point that Mr Lofven wasn't the PM at the time of his visit to Jokkmokk in 2014.
The fact remains that only the Government can grant this concession. A Legal battle is the last resort ..and I don't think we've arrived at the last resort yet because the UNESCO matter hasn't been resolved and the Government have indicated that the decision will be made in the light of that initiative.. Of gun boats we have none...only public opinion and the Moderate Party are working on that. That's what it is and that's where we are (imo) and we can like it or lump it...politics has it, despite what the PM said in his visit to Jokkmokk in 2014. Sigh!
Letters have been proven several times to be ineffective. They are easily deflected / ignored by Baylan, and would be by the PM. The two are equally paralysed by political fears of losing power and career momentum.
The request by Budge for a timescale for a decision is laughably naiive after 8 years, in my opinion.
We must trust that Sven will have a positive impact for us, because the SAB and previously Göran have not achieved a timely outcome for us in this concession nightmare. They may have helped in the background, but our relationship with the Government itself has only seen us mistreated badly by both Baylan and his predecessor. Sven needs to ensure that we are now treated respectfully, taken seriously, and that an outcome on the concession is achieved. I would hope and trust, depending on Baylan's response, if any, that Sven and Kurt will be prepared to make demands of the Government, via the PM if necessary, to draw this application debacle to a close. Sven's letter to Baylan was good, but I personally don't feel it was demanding enough to shake Baylan up, as it is obvious old Baylo doesn't care how long we have been and still are waiting for a decision on our application. Baylan also already knows everything that was said re the benefits to Jokkmokk etc and our tone probably will have to change if he still chooses to be evasive.
Only my view.
Suzy2. If you don't agree that the SAB have made no effective contribution, presumable that's because you can list all their achievements for us?
Lb, it hasn't been a good year yet, on the face of it, although we have signed an MOU. The next step in the Kallak saga will surely depend on whether Baylan replies to Sven's letter, and if he does, whether the response is more of the same general nonsense that we've encountered from him to date. If it is, then I do feel we should write to the PM. First and last chance for the Government to sort this concession problem for us.
We can't hang about waiting for UNESCO with nobody from the Government chasing those guys up. Knowing (as far as we shareholders are aware) that our case, especially at this stage, should not even have been referred to UNESCO for comments. We completed the HIA and followed UNESCO guidelines to do so. Nobody at the time suggested the application then be referred to UNESCO, nor could they specifically find any fault with the HIA.
I won't say anything more.
Morning All. Ibjj...the fact that no one responded to your comment about the SAB doesn't mean they agree with you, that is not a sound way to come to a conclusion...I for one don't agree with you. OK?
Re my post 24 hours ago, no corrections, so the SAB are not contributing either.
My money is on the next thing announced by Budge will be a further wedge to Kosovo to take the holding to over 50% and the preparation for him to move over there full time.
Let's be honest, Kallak can't take up any of his time and Finland, despite all the bold talk of the helpful investment and development conditions there. has stalled.
Five years in and no hint that the requisite mining license application is likely to be drafted any time soon.
We never really hear much about what any of them do, not only the SAB. Lol.