Two new boreholes could unfortunately be drilled according to the work plan before the company began to realize by the consultant to Jåhkågasska Sami had announced opposition to the work plan on the last day before the period ended to announce objections.
Company of Bergssstaten received a reminder on the grounds that these two boreholes were drilled without one of all parties approved work plan.
3) As the interest in this connection may be mentioned that the company in March this year, in 2013, sent out draft a work plan for further investigation drilling in the area and to oppose this work plan for 2013 neither communicated to the Company by any representative of Isakssons respect Björkholmen No. 5 -1 or for reindeer of Jåhkågasska Sami , see Appendix No. 1303.
5th Reindeer owners pushing campaign to make money on the Project for Mining , Hydropower , Wind Power and more. The ambition of reindeer owners is evident in their organization , SSR, policy documents, see Appendix 4. The reindeer owners magazine also launched the campaign for over a year the practice , see Appendix 5.
The ambition is clear much tydliget in the press release that reindeer owners' organization sent out the other day , see Appendix 6. What Swedish politician and the Swedish people have to think about and consider is whether a very small minority of Sami that by birthright , only they , can own reindeer and allowed to herd reindeer , also shall have full authority and dictate the terms of other trades in 53% of Sweden's area .
For many , it seems autumn undemocratic ideas driven by the reindeer Sami.
Slaughter revenue / year about 75 million / year. In addition, a government price support for the reindeer owners of about 17 million / year. In addition, a state predator compensation of approximately 55-60 million / year refer to the attached substrate from the Sami Parliament website :
From the above it can be stated that the reindeer industry , ie reindeer owners , enjoying state support for its meat equivalent , roughly , the same amount that they receive from the sale of the meat. As nutrition can one conclude that herding both are very small and additionally requires a very large share of support from the taxpayer.
4th If false statements and information of activists and Sami villages to the media during the summer:
No any technical basis , see researcher's claim that the dam of the reservoir at the Vattenfall power station, Parki , shall rupture at future explosions .
Reference to Appendix F8.
The scientist in question is not a researcher in the field strength calculations etc for dams , although this is Sami politically active.
No any technical foundation 's activists and sameby statements about future risks to emissions of heavy metals from the mining area in the future. This is because there are no heavy metals either in iron ore or in the rocks surrounding the ore. The heavy metals being talked about can sometimes occur in connection with ore mined for its copper, zinc or lead content .
Lars Isaksson , son of one of the landowners to forest parcel Björkholmen No. 5-1 during summer both police notified the company for trespassing and through mother's signature requested that the Land and Environment Court to decide that the company should pay 400 000 then Company drilled investigation holes without the landowner 's knowledge and without the landowner's plans of work.
He and along with activists and Sami have also expressed to the media that the company plowed through 500 m long trenches which devastated his his forest.
Facts about this are:
1) In 2010-2011 were drilled 4 pieces investigation holes on land belonging to the property Björkholmen 5-1. A work plan for the drilling program were sent in March 2010 by letter mail, and with acknowledgment of receipt to all landowners and to the Sami village .
On 25 March 2010 the Ola Isaksson, Lars Isaksson's father, acknowledgment and approved the work plan and without invändnigar and returned the receipt to the consultant in Luleå, which then ran administartionen of the company's work plans.
2) A new work plan for additional wells planned to be started in December 2011 was circulated with the letter mail. When mailing ( a new consulting firm did this ) was addressed letter regarding property Björkholmen No. 5-1 by mistake to the owner of a nearby property, Björkholmen No. 1-5 . The owner of the No. 1-5 , signed delivery receipt relating No. 5-1 , see Appendix 1112 and ret
Facts about the Sami people, reindeer , protests and norrbotten economy
1. Areas of reindeer herding .
See Appendix 1 ¿ Reindeer possesses a land area of ​​23,927,479 hectares ( = 239 275 km2) of the country's total land area of ​​45,029,200 hectares ( = 450 292 km2).
Reindeer herding , Swedish Sápmi, therefore possess 53 % of Sweden 's total area .
See Annex 2 and Annex 3 - The mining project , Kallak is located in Jåhkågasska sameby , marked in yellow on the map , Appendix 2.
Same village's total area for their max 4500 reindeer is 3878 km2. In a future mining activity is estimated that the business employs about 15 - max 20 km2 (area inside the fence and that's when all the area for mines , plants , warehouses of mountains etc ) .
This is then only about 0.5% of Jåhkågasska sameby total area . Same village's reindeer have 1.2 km2 each at their disposal. A mining operation reduces pasture for only about 24 pieces of reindeer ( 20km2x1 , 2ren/km2 = 24 reindeer) .
2nd The number Samer , the number of reindeer in Sweden mm .
- 7809 the Sami people are enrolled in the Sami electoral register and can vote for the Sami Parliament in Sweden .
- The right of the electoral registers and thus the right to vote , you have to perceive you as Sami and have or have had Sami language at home .
It is also good if your parents or grandparents have or had the Sami language at home or if you have a parent who is listed on the electoral roll . You must have attained the age of 18 years on election day and be Swedish citizens. Provisions on the right to vote and the Sami electoral register is the Sami Parliament Act ( 1992:1433 ) .
Reindeer herders and reindeer
- This right can only be exercised by a Sami who is a member of a Sami village . A Sami village is a financial and management association authorized by law for members' common good will lead reindeer on a specific geographic area
- There are about 4600 reindeer owners , of which 85 percent live in Norrbotten County . Within a Sami village are several reindeer breeding . About 2500 people in Sweden have their main income from reindeer . Renskötaryrket is a male-dominated profession.
- The number of reindeer in Sweden varies in cycles between 225 000 and 280 000 in the winter flock
- Reindeer herding is a Sami nutrition in Sweden is reserved only for Sami
The overwhelming majority of the Sami are not members of a Sami village and is in law equivalent to other Swedish citizens. If one is not inherited his reindeer right , it is very difficult to join a Sami village . Same village members released unwillingly into more reindeer herders who share on the already stretched reindeer pastures . Samer outside sameby In other words , in practice, difficult to practice reindeer herding , nor have hunting and fishing rights in the Sami village land. The discrimination of
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.