Register
Login:
Share:
Email Facebook Twitter


EXCLUSIVE: Alastair Smith, Avacta Group CEO gives an Operational Update


Motif Bio Share Chat (MTFB)



Share Price: 32.50Bid: 32.50Ask: 32.70Change: 0.00 (0.00%)No Movement on Motif Bio
Spread: 0.20Spread as %: 0.62%Open: 32.50High: 33.35Low: 32.50Yesterday’s Close: 32.50


Share Discussion for Motif Bio


Thread View

Please login or register to post a message on Share Chat.

Posts per page:

itsgambling
Posts: 3,313
Premium Chat Member
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.00
interesting
7 Sep '18
unable to buy even £5k worth!
IG
 
hanibal
Posts: 300
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.00
RE: Wainwright presentation
7 Sep '18
Constant selling as always... unbelivable...
jackdaw99
Posts: 733
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.25
RE: Wainwright presentation
7 Sep '18
There was an account in the papers this week of a hospital patient who lost his penis to the superbugs after a surgical error!! Should give everyone the willies that story.
itsgambling
Posts: 3,313
Premium Chat Member
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.20
Wainwright presentation
6 Sep '18
calisto
Posts: 3,608
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
BBC headline
6 Sep '18
Ab resistant superbug spreading through hospitals unnoticed
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.40
RE: New Presentation
5 Sep '18
Yes very low cost of sales exact percentage back of Zacks Report.
Interesting thing Re patient cost estimate is that it has been revised upward so latest research taken into account.
Given this wil be presented tomorro at Wainwright event then they must be pretty confident of range this closevto commercialisation
Jimzi
Posts: 10,156
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
RE: New Presentation
5 Sep '18
Cheers.Yes, saw the rev per patient forecast - from feedback or sales literature based on savings budget examples given - we will have to wait as unfortunatley no ref given to this but expectation seems reasonable.to me.
I think / hope the burn rate should be modest atm.

I assume the actual cost to make ipriclam is low ?
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
RE: New Presentation
5 Sep '18
Morning a few comments.
Those competitor ABs are already on marketplace and Vancomycin and Linezolid have been for decades.The $2.8 bn addressable market in ABSSSI is the 26% of annual patients in US with renal impairment.
They need to decide on path to US commercialisation in advance of Approval decision and also a global deal coukd come in at any time.
One change to the presentation is the increase in projected patient cost of Iclaprim now $350-450 per day so potentially an extra 50% in revenues IF the $450 is achieved.
Cash burn wil be relatively low ATM as no clinical trials and we know HABP is subject to funding and if course we don’t know which commercial route they wil take.
So there is nothing forcing MTFB to raise more money if necessary and of course the main institutional SH will have to be in agreement.
Jimzi
Posts: 10,156
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
RE: New Presentation
5 Sep '18
Good summary. esp the competitor cost comparaision.

What is the monthly cash burn at this stage of the company\;s activities - atm I assume its just admin costs?

i.e do they need more funds than just warrants being exercised and for what?
smalltrader
Posts: 270
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
RE: New Presentation
5 Sep '18
slides mention about market opportunity of $2.8Bn with ABSSI and $1.7Bn with HABP but there are other active antibiotics mentioned(slide 13) for ABSSI - Daptomycin, LineZolid, Ceftaroline along with Vancomycin...don't know if these other active antibiotics are in trial phase or already in the market?

Based on market opportunity and with NDA acceptance, this definitely is way too undervalued. Looks like any acquisitions and JVs would take place only after approval but we have seen pharma companies being acquired in trial phase itself and MTFB is in a much better position. I think MTFB may have had some offers and BOD would have rejected it. Until there is any news on deal, SP may stay in the current range and till the FDA approval as well! I'm happy to wait for another 6 months as I don't think there is going to be any bad news until FDA approval so no reason for SP to go down further. AMP share sale could take this down but we have seen this sprung back to current range quickly. ATB
calisto
Posts: 3,608
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
RE: Telegraph
5 Sep '18
correct of course the emphasis is on not :)
jackdaw99
Posts: 733
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
RE: Telegraph
5 Sep '18
Probably ".. not admitting..".
calisto
Posts: 3,608
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.30
Telegraph
5 Sep '18
"NHS covering up toll of deadly superbugs" " The NHS is hiding the the scale of drug resistant superbugs because hospitals are admitting when patients die from them. "
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.75
New Presentation
4 Sep '18
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
RE: Morning Fushsheds
2 Sep '18
Obviously superbug concerns get a lot of air play and if this was a whole new class of AB then it would get coverage but is simply one weapon in the fight vs Anti Microbial Resistance.In fact it’s whole positioning has not been done as a drug of last resort for a very good reason.
The real rarity value is an AIM Bio getting any drug to market especially given the size and shortnhistory of MTFB.
When I say news I mean podcasts/RNSs/ changes in the Corporate Presentation/ speaking to GL etc which will
indicate the US Commercialisation and progress of Approval etc such as whether an AdComm is required or not
Fishsheds
Posts: 214
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
RE: Morning Fushsheds
2 Sep '18
You and me both, pal. I have the date (webcast) in my diary and will be listening to that. Cheers. One thing that you mentioned (listen for news after that). I have been wondering for some time now as to why this has not yet been on any ”TV” news or coverage taking into consideration how positive it seems to be. Am I being a bit to premature for this or perhaps I’m way off the mark. Anyway, many thanks for your reply. Most reassuring.
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
RE: Morning Fushsheds
1 Sep '18
Totally share frustration but big turning points Re derisking were Revive 1 then Revive 2 then NDA submission and acceptance.A lot of SP movement is designed to make it look like continuous falls like high UT one day and then it appears to fall but in reality it is simply trading in a narrow range.
The AMP share selling has obviously been a big fear but those have been taken care off by institutions at 33.5p so the floor is very gradually rising so to me the downside is extremely unlikely as the next decision point is Approval decision on 13th Feb and as zi keep on saying US commercialisation needs to be sorted out before then so the clues will be there.
My plan FWIW is listen to HCWainwright webcast on Sept 6th and watch for news etc after then.Possibly meet up with GL in Nov at Jeffries and get an update Re recruitment if MILs etc and assess that with other news like start of HABP and see where SP is then.etc
But you have survived the tough times so more plain sailing now but the countdown is on.
Fishsheds
Posts: 214
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
RE: Morning Fushsheds
1 Sep '18
Hi ivy,
Basically I feel frustrated, that after the recent NDA result and the small increase in SP, MCAP etc that we are back to the low 30s again. After being here for so long I am beginning to bottle it. Not sure if my nerves can take it any longer ha ha. I do stand to make a good wedge out of this if all goes well but on the flip side I can lose mega bucks as well. I’m sure there are a lot of people on here in a similar situation. If all goes well then great for my investment and, of course, the many people in need of these medicines. Let us keep the faith!
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
US study Re ABs and kidney stones
1 Sep '18
Of course I lsprim is I/v and not nephro toxic

http://www.nephjc.com/news/abx-stones
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
Morning Fushsheds
1 Sep '18
Don’t dislike but not sure if I fully understand your post.
Think most are agreed that the chance of success of Iclaprim getting Approved are extremely high even the “ doubters”.Yes we can still argue about the likely commercial success and we will have different opinions and that is fine as we can all make our own judgements.
Personally most know my view and still consider that all the clues will be prior to Approval which we have an exact timeline for.
If you are referring to the SP not responding as well as what again most of consider to be it should be then yes hsve sypmathy for your thoughts.
It has been trading in this range 30-35 for an extremely long time now and that will have caused some PIs to exit for a variety of reasons some permanent and some temporary.
Sentiment ebbs and flows on AIM very quickly but don’t think anyone has left due to the science progress just frustration over lack of SP movement and to chase opportunities elsewhere.
The big institution was quite happy to take the Aviva and AMP shares at 32.5 and 33,5p and oresumabky are looking fir a nice return so a firm bottom has been put in so very limited downside imo.
The low volume in general does not help but we have a clear countdown to 13Th Feb and as soon as US commercial
Pathway is clarified then I am sure we will all understand the progress here a lot more.
ATB
Fishsheds
Posts: 214
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
Unfortunately
31 Aug '18
Guys and girls, I have to say that this share has become more of a gamble the nearer it has come to FDA. Everyone is saying if, could, would, should, blah, blah blah. All that is good if if it comes to fruition. But, according to sentiment, share trades etc, this share is struggling. Forgive me here, but if anyone reading this dislikes what they are reading then tough. The MC has dropped again, along with share sales v buys and share price. I know I don’t have the same knowledge and understanding as some of the posters on here or the complexities involved in this type of share but, I think the SP is spelling it out. Make what you will of this post. I am obviously a gambler and not an invester.
Ivyspivey
Posts: 8,507
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
RE: all existing AB's failing
31 Aug '18
Evening
Don’t forget additional 9 years patent protection announced in recent RNS of 80mg fixed I/v dose to take through to
2037.
Labour Day Monday. It zGL talking at aWainwright inference on Thursday.
Will be webcast and look for any changes to. Corporate Presentation on website
jackdaw99
Posts: 733
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:32.50
Big..
31 Aug '18
rollover?
DayTrader67
Posts: 387
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:32.50
RE: all existing AB's failing
31 Aug '18
Motif will not be an independent entity pre FDA approval(95%+). £0.75 opening gambit.




Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk
FREE Member Services
- Setup a personalised Watchlist and Virtual Portfolio.
- Gain access to LIVE real-time Regulatory News (RNS).
- View more Trades, Directors' Deals, and Broker Ratings.
Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk






Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look. While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.