if the founder cannot figure out the weakness in the share price, i doubt i can! lol...but i am a fundamentalist. it makes a lot more sense to me. it was fundamentals that brought about the recession and it will be fundamentals that lead the way with POG. so once POG full results are out, it will be a lot easier for the market to digest and price POG with a full set of digits. POG disappointed the market previously by overpromising so i can only guess that the market is now taking a cautious approach. yeah, the fellas on that board are complaining...growing impatient but that's normal when the share price doesn't perform/hold. i have made the mistake of selling too early before so i'm not going to waste the effort i've put into POG. i've been watching and done deep research on POG and remain convinced so will continue to buy on till results. however, don't buy because i said that, ok! =) go to edison investment research, register for free and download the PDF outlook for ABG released on 23rd february 2012. it's actually a peer comparison among miners in the 600,000oz production range, which includes POG. loads of digits to digest there - it will help you get a headstart.
i think SLP will take some time to grow, not counting the usual speculation that could come about. the reaction from the market on results was rather muted.
whoa....glad to know you made some dosh on FIF and the other scores!
sorry for talking about other shares on this board.
Been looking closely at POG last night and intend to do a bit more mooching tonight at work. The sp looks very cheap atm but seems to be a few nervy investors waiting for the results. There is no doubt that their production costs are low in comparison to their peers. Experienced b.o.d ect. I totally agree that the current price is low and irrelevant if it tests £6. I am sure ther will be a steady climb after the results. My only concern is the currency markets and recovery signals from the US. Tough decisions investing at the moment, lack of risk and a continual changing outlook. I am more than comfortable with SLP as it ticks all the boxes and as much as a safe haven you can get on the AIM
Just got up to see the sp showing further resilience. Looks as though the sp is discounted the selling of the iron ore assets. The RNS can answer some of your questions but not all. Not so sure what cut off point there is, but I read it as a like for like share issue. As it stands today it is the suspended sp of MRG. You would have to contact them directly for specific dates but is due to be completed on the 30th of May. MRG shares will resume trading once the shareholder report has been printed and distributed to them. After that stage there is likely to be a placing in order to raise funds to develop the iron ore business. The new company will have 2 CEO's appointed to join the board from SLP to ensure experience and continuity. SLP will then be able to focus on the PGM side of the business, lowering costs and continuing to grow. I think there is likely to be a bit of early volitilty in the sp of the new look MRG but do not be too quick to write them off. The b.o.d. are likely to be very bullish on the companies outlook in order for any future placing to be successful. Hope this helps, good luck in all your investments.
does anybody know what the benefit to shareholders will be on the finalisation of the iron ore sale. Secondly in what format will we see a reward and lastly when do you have had to have held the shares from and has a date been given yet on this matter. Any help from those more up to speed would be very much appreciated
btw I did invest in FIF which you highlighted in 2010. Held for 16 months and sold in Feb (25% return) I still have ORM, sold SXX at a good profit despite your concerns. MXP and ORM have held my pf back a little. IQE will always be a liitle gem but decided to sell into the t/o rumour but maintain a small number of shares. I am surprised Bailey Clark has not returned to SLP, risk v reward look good to me.
Morning syn. Been looking for last couple of days. Does seem very cheap. What is your view on the current weakness in sp? I have them on my 'watch list' now and will use some cash by selling a batch of some shares in an oily I have. It is a matter of timing at the moment and risk v reward.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.