Read you last post with interest, yesterday I was kicking myself for not trading lol, it's easy to look back and say IF I sold at 188 and got back in at 179 that would of been the new car for me. However whenever I've tried I missed, I'm not brave or good enought to trade so I've given up ( although I'm looking at CFDs). I have a good core holding here that to me is also staying where it is for the next 12/18 months ( unless disaster strikes ). So I think we are on the same page. I can easily see £2 over the next few months and would like to think £2.50 by the end of the year if not slightly higher, I know no one has a cristle ball but I'd be interesting in your view and that of others as to how you all think the performance over that time frame will be. No prizes for accuracy, no free holiday if you get it right (ish) and no recriminations if your wrong (ish). I know where my own target is and will always DMOT. Genuinely interested to see where others think this might go over that time frame 12/18 months.
I know your not mate, just saying all Fabchap is guilty of is being over enthusiastic when giving the share price target expected, that is why I don't state a sp price when I say it is due to change direction
not knocking fabchap.. just making the point indirectly, that fair play he did get two calls on the up and down trend right in terms of broad direction, but not close on levels of strength.. and in this business that matters, a lot!.. so just making the point. it's a long road, investing and anyone who's been active for years or ddecades will know no one can predict the moves consistently.. it's a myth.. and anyone who thinks they can, will get burtn very badly iis just a matter of time.. of course longr term trends can be predicted wityhin ranges, and for long term investors that's all that matters, precise day to day, week to week moves don't matter too much.. but short term gyrations.. Im afraid not.. all studies prove that point time and time again.. and is also why you will very rarely see a rich trader.. but yo will see rich investors (who take a longer term view and can ride it out).. anyone.. not knocking anyone.. I like Fbchaps contirbtuions deifnitely.. so keep 'em coming
I wa in that camp Mk.. but decided to leap back in.. I have also reverted to my rule of not trading TCG.. am back to holding.. if Feb leads to dips I'll ride them out.. I have a 12-18 month horizon for TCG.. so I am back to rmeinding myself of the longer term.. in saying that, I do strongly believe we may have a mkt wide drop over summer.. so I will take some off the table for a bit mid year if I still feel that way.. but only to avoid downside not to try be clever and snap up TC a lot cheaper liek I did recently and failed at, monumentally
.....And see before people knock Fabchap. I sold out as I thought it would retrace and therefore wanted to protect my profit at the time, MM's have a knack of playing these shares But don't for one minute think that they have finished.....they love to give the weak that little extra push and see plenty more opportunities before the update. That is why I'm still out and waiting for 177........and if I never get it, then its been one hell of a ride up to where we are now!!
whi didn'y I stick to my guns when I sold all my positions 2 weeks ago on the "euphoria".. doh.. should have known better to chase TCG up then buymore on yesteday's dip.. resume kicks..
but Im still o[ptimistic for Feb.. and if not then May interim results will be my queue to take any strength in th eback pocket and sell out for summer..
bought inyetsrday with final half.. 181.. so loked ok this a.m. but now neutral.. not worth selling out given spread unless I htink will fall below 177-178 on volume.. which I don't.. so will sit tight.. but the silvr ;lining to the cloud for me.. what I sold yetsreday to use to buy in to TC is down 3% today.. so all things considered im smiling
BTW..fabchap.. Im on sheltie side there mate.. enjoy yoru contritbuions but you've been all over the place a bit here.. over enthusuastic on the up then overly pessimistic on the down.. in any case.. see how you fare over next 6months if yr here that long as any longer term holders know they don't know much about how TCg will behave short term
Your comment here from last week: "MACD and RSI indicating a fairly hefty sized drop. mid 160s is a strong possibility before the update" - not quite 'low 160's' I grant you, but certainly "mid 160's" so I'm not "making stuff up". Just saying it's too bearish but time will be the ultimate winner here as ever.
no disrespect - but for the last two months your price-fall predictions have been horrible! At least you are now talking about low to mid 170's when last week it was low to mid 160's. This was from Tuesday this week: "MM might even drop below 169 to shake out any weak". Total nonsense IMHO. Way way too negative. £2 for me and then, after the usual profit taking, onwards from there ....
to suggest why the drop today.. I notice leisure came off a little generally.. but our fall felt like a managed drop or a short seller selling at all costs.. good to see the buyers stepping up the volume towards the end.. or my 3rd scenario (which I don't like and try ignore) that a large seller has called it quits or trimming down.. if so hope they get burnt and aren't in on some inside info
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.