Register
Login:
Share:
Email Facebook Twitter

RRL Share Chat - RSS Feed

Range Resources Ltd Share Chat (RRL)



Share Price: 1.36Bid: 1.36Ask: 1.40Change: 0.00 (0.00%)No Movement on Range Res.
Spread: 0.04Spread as %: 2.94%Open: 1.42High: 1.42Low: 1.35Yesterday’s Close: 1.36


Share Discussion for Range Res. (RRL)


Thread ViewThread View
Please Login or Register to post messages
Posts per page:


RichTheNewbie
Posts: 9,824
Observation
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
....
12 Aug '14
We already knew this. Range already told us in the last RNS. Always worth trying to repeat old news as a new negative though ;)
 
Celticheart
Posts: 5,467
Observation
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:1.62
yuffspetpoodle
12 Aug '14
No I don't think it is a great deal but, if you actually read what I post instead of looking to see what snide comments you can make you would understand that most people, including the analysts, had written this loan off as a bad debt so recovering at least some of it is better than a total loss. Incidentally, aren't bad debts tax deductable so we should be able to recover some of it through reduced taxation also.

We should never have lent them the money in the first place but we did so lets get back what we can.
JohnHenry
Posts: 768
Premium Chat Member
Observation
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
View Thread (3)
RE: JohnHenry
12 Aug '14
CH it is negative, how an earth can you deem this positive news. range tolds us the russian assets were worth $60M they turned out to be worth $13 thats why range never got cash back, they havent got any even after the sale.Range have a holding in a company listed on the NSX worth next to nothing.

$8M thrown down the crapper. I dont see this news as positive.However its in the price.
Yuffspetpoodl
Posts: 58
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
View Thread (3)
RE: JohnHenry
12 Aug '14
Ch

Probably because it is negative, you were told almost 18 months ago the Russian assets were worth loads of cash and soon to produce up to 4000 bopd, now they have sold for 20% of their initial estimate! how is that positive.
Oh........ I see your thinking, because they are worth 20% 18 months later that's a good result in your eyes, compared to range being worth 12% of your initial purchase price!
So in your view an 80% drop in value is a good result for you. Most investors on here want to make money, you seem content to p!ss it up the wall with terrible investments.
Celticheart
Posts: 5,467
Observation
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:1.62
View Thread (3)
JohnHenry
12 Aug '14
Your reaction to any and every news that relates to Range is so predictably negative, then again that does seem to be how you function on other shares too. It wouldn't have mattered what they sold the Russian assets for, you would have put a negative spin on it. As I said when the IOP RNS came out we had written this off as a bad debt so whatever we get out of this deal is a bonus, personally I am not going to put a value on the shares when IOP return from suspension because, just like you, I have no way of knowing what that value will be. Good luck with your next trade :)
JohnHenry
Posts: 768
Premium Chat Member
Observation
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
View Thread (2)
RE: IOP finally sell Russian Asset
12 Aug '14
so the Russian asset turned out to be worth $13M not the $60+ that Liardu proclaimed it was worth

IOP is worth diddly squat and when relisted shares will probably be worth 0.001 C

Ranges holding in IOP will turn out to be worth nothing.
Celticheart
Posts: 5,467
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
bountyhunter007
11 Aug '14
"...If you leave RIG holding of 18% then remaining 82% holders must be big fishes not ordinary PIs."

Why do you assume that all PIs want to join Rig, you have no idea how many of the 82% are small PIs with no interest in joining RIG (not an attack on RIG by the way just questioning your logic).
JDwag
Posts: 1,673
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
View Thread (3)
RE: To put postings in perspective
11 Aug '14
Nothing you say on these BB's matter a jot, if you think differently you need your lumps read. Say what you want folks the only thing that will move this radically upwards or downwards is the next Trinidad Update or an unexpected sales with a bumper price, but it's all about Trinidad update this month .

Ramp / Deramp away.

JD
bountyhunter007
Posts: 799
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:1.62
View Thread (3)
RE: To put postings in perspective
11 Aug '14
I don't want to contend your point, but just couple of observations from side. If you leave RIG holding of 18% then remaining 82% holders must be big fishes not ordinary PIs. So they don't really need to post on BBs. I dont know how no of holders is worked out but I traded RRL through 4 nominee / ISA accounts so there is chance that I was counted 4 times, and there is chance that others also do same. So actually it could be that a significant % of PIs post and a large % read BBs. So in my view BBs have contribution to how SP reacts, and that's why they are used for P&D. Remeber 100% shares are not required to be traded for any P&D, for AIM listed companies 10-20% is more than enough.



Share Trading BrochureRequest your Free brochures on share dealing, spread betting and CFDs

Sign up for Live Prices
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Careers  |  Advertise with Us  |  Sitemap  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Cookies  |  Privacy


Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look. While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.