That link is the one i posted to you yesterday? The exceptions listed are;
an acquisition that results from an acceptance of an offer under a takeover bid (item 1 of s611) an acquisition approved by a resolution of the company in which the acquisition is made (item 7 of s611) acquisitions of no more than 3% in every 6 months (the 3% "creep" exception in item 9 of s611) an acquisition that results from a rights issue (item 10 of s611)
Which i don’t think have any relation to the MOU?
With respect to the SP & 1p, you never did answer my question in regards to the 0.006 to 0.027 increase? Some 450% increase on the back of the last 1p funding placement at 1p? And with increasing production and now fully funded for the foreseeable, which FACTS can you give me to support your comments? Not fantasy world, but hard facts? Btw, I’m not saying this is going to hit .027 again, but then again I’m not saying it couldn’t, Also I’m not making judgment based on pure fantasy and delusion either...so i guess that’s where we differ.
Carve, btw, after youve spent so much time on here, what is your holding and avergae?
Saying the SP won't go above 1p until production increases is a silly comment. Nobody knows what will happen on AIM
Speculation can contribute to the SP a lot more than actual facts and figures from Trinidad. Look at Range when it found "oil" in Puntland... Yes I know or when it "sold" Texas... yes I know or even when Georgia was about to sell for $30 mil plus.. I know.
The point I'm making is that there's a multitude of things that could move the SP above 1p and they don't even have to be facts but rumours can also do it. Remember we are looking to offload two assets at the moment.
Also we need to look at this, in the wider picture
Trinidad - Finally has funding and a lot of it, well nearly.. lets wait for official confirmation first. Debts - Range won't have any debts II It will have a large % of institutional investors It now has an oil experianced corporate team They still have two assets up for sale with no rush on needing to push them through or reliance on this funding Waterflood on the way with LO? With the monies available to drill from LIND we should see an increase in BOPD and this debt is to be re-paid with the new funding.
Are the rigs capable of the works needed in Trinidad? Are the teams capable? what do we know about our funding partners? issues with selling off assets? how will the monies be spent? no FDP? Sign offs are slow with Petro??
As always anything could happen next, this funding has given me more hope though. Without it we was rowing against the tide with no money and no way in increasing production.
Lots of positives and negatives on the company at the moment and anything could happen over the coming months. Lets hope that this funding has put an end to any new debts and a start to an increase in BOPD and drilling in Trinidad as all of this will contribute to a raise in SP.
As always all we can do is gather what information we have and make educated decisions on if to buy or sell..
The difference is that it's about expectations. M&S had built into their share price a bigger fall in sales, when it was not as big a fall, the market expectations rose, therefore the SP rose.
Currently RRL is nice and stable. I'll take 1% up and down for a few days/ weeks. The market is waiting for something else. Maybe that MOU to become reality. Maybe for the next set of production figures to make sure that increased production is a pattern and not a blip.
The slight increase in price you can put down to those wanting to get in ahead of the rush, but you more level headed investors will not want the down side of the risk.
Even though it's only small moves I'll take that every day, rather than 15% up then 20% down on wild speculation.
Thanks for all that, Jim and Phil. Much appreciated. Have just voted. My broker said "Do you want to say yes to all 22 resolutions?" Hmmm!!! I guess he hasn't had many requests yet from Range shareholders.
I am generally voting yes, but one or two "no's" and I think one NED has as much chance of many more paydays as the Tories have of winning at Chatham against their reckless opponent.
Please see below information in relation to voting at the upcoming AGM. I won't be posting the full document as it is MASSIVE. Please refer to the RIG site to have a look how to vote.
In advance of the Annual General Meeting to be held on 28th November, please find (linked) updated guidelines on voting via nominee accounts.
As before this will continue to be updated periodically as information on deadlines etc. filters through from the various brokers. To that end please feel free to add any comments on this thread e.g. difficulties with certain brokers and how you have got around it etc., please contact me or one one of the other RIG reps or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have in the past experienced misleading / incorrect info from some brokers to the effect that it's not possible to vote on AIM shares etc., some of their staff seemingly don't know their own system or suffer internal comms issues. Feedback received suggests the experience is improving, but obviously we wouldn't want members to be denied a vote because of a problem with the broker.
Note that in general brokers will be wanting the votes to be in a few days in advance of the AGM so that they can collate them and pass the proxies on to Range. Each varies with their timescales.
As before, RIG reps are not going to advise a 'party line' on which way to vote on the resolutions, i.e. for, against or abstain - we consider that individual members are intelligent enough to form their own view on how they should vote on each resolution. However, we do strongly advise all members to vote in some way, particularly given the large number and variety of resolutions this time around, it is a real opportunity to make your voice heard, and as such the abstain option would be better than not voting at all.
For ease of reference, here is the link to the AGM notice with the resolutions on the Range website:
If you wish to attend the AGM in person, note that brokers usually have registration arrangements for this, so you need to check with them to avoid disappointment. Details will be added to the document as and when known, so please let us you when you do!
How to vote - Broker-by-Broker 3.2.pdf (353.32 KB) - attachement can be found on the forums
Company A Sales - which are primarily clothing - fell 4% in the second quarter. Despite the drop, boss Marc said he was "pleased" with progress in "challenging market conditions". Shares rose 8% in early trading. Analysts said the chain's performance was largely better than expected. Half-year pre-tax profit fell 0.4%
Company B Huge turnaround in profit forecast. Rigs in use doubles. Costs hammered. Significant development finance in place. Shares remained flat on early trading with a small increase of 1.22%
The first two weeks of August used to be a trip to Porthcawl or Barry for the S Wales miners, day-tripper. Coal production was 0,0,0,0 x 14. In same way, weeks of August may be rest weeks to enable 260 staff (including Will) to work in hotels serving summer holiday holidaymakers from Britain and USA.
If that is case, fabulous September given that we only had permits for two of rigs. If not the case, please stop leaking the daily production return for August that you must have found on Rory's desk.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.