This causing me to review my strategy! eg: had I bought 13500 BATS in January and sold mid March at 3329 then bought 10,000 Astra on 3rd April, etc., I would have been looking at £19k dividends and £130K profits. These are real figures and, for me, well worth working at identifying shares that can offer these opportunities.
And then there is Astrazenica, 10000 shares bought 3rd April at 3941 have produced £6K dividend and are today sitting at 4817 = £87K book profit. I didn't buy 10,000 Astra but have quite a tidy situation. I am sure there are others that offer similar opportunity and less heartache than RBS.
If you had bought BATS in January at 3012 and sold yesterday at 3572 you would have picked up a £13K dividend and £75K profit with much less risk. I bought in January when I sold my RBS holding and took the dividend but sold in March, not at the same depth but sufficient to be pleasing. I bought back into RBS in March with the same beliefs as you have today but have since reduced to less than 25% of that total. I really have found greater belief in other directions though, now that I have done these figures for you, I rather wish I had stayed with BATS till yesterday!
Or even worse the collapse of RBS!! If that happens I am doomed. it is certainly a daily roller coaster and when I am above break even point as I am now if it dips a few pence I do not take a drop to heart.
At some point , yes but maybe not soon . Like Lloyds the SP is likely to be held at the selling price , whatever that will be , could take a few years for it to get higher than that . Can't see the big players being willing to pay over the odds for RBS at the moment especially with no dividends and better prospects elsewhere .
We all have different ones. mine is a monetary gain. I buy in big and wait and wait hoping that sometime in the next twelve months it will reach my target .I bought in at 3.145 including costs and want to sell at £3.55 giving me a gain of 52k on a 130000 shareholding If I can do this once a year I am quids in. It sounds simple but it does require a lot of bottle when the share goes below£3.00. my stance is don't panic and don't be greedy. When I sell I then wait until the share drops back to original cost and start the process again. I went in alittletoo early this time as I had a gut feeling it would drop to £2.90 and had I waited I would have been back out by now.
Now just be patient and wait for the profit.. .. A 12p increase to 238p plus will beat any savings account... Do this 4 times a year and you are probably looking at a total gain of around 8% to 10%.. A year.. Hopefully we can both sell by the end of June.. If not I wait untill I am in profit...
There has already been 3 opportunities this year already ... 2 of which I have benefited by.. So waiting is the key and time will no doubt produce a profit..
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.