Personally I want them to gamble what's left of the company to finish NUR-1 since the current SP for me is not much differerent to losing all my money, so risk vs. reward at my current losses would mean it'd be better for me if they just tried to finish it, even if that meant ruining the company if the result was a failure.
I doubt it will be drilled though, there is no farm-in partner which means Max have to find $20-$25 in the next 6-8 months. 6000bpd isn't some magic number that will allow them to do this, most of Max's asset value will be going towards paying their debt and keeping the company running. They'd need to save $2-3 million a month for the next 6-8 months in order to self-finance NUR-1. They just don't have the capacity to do this. At one point I thought they might be able to borrow it against future production but then they posted their 2P update and I realised they just don't have the oil in the ground to be able to do this.
Corporate update does not suggest Nur-1 will be drilled..
The Company intends to maintain the organisational capacity to resume drilling its NUR-1 deep well while efforts to obtain financing continue. Negotiations with prospective partners are, however, no longer currently in progress.
No financing !! No drill. Mxp fluffed the drill twice and failed. Cost us £50 million for a hole. Finance this and fail again will be terrible..
Simply will be drilled.......just wait for production to get to 6000+ barrels. The well will take 2 months max to complete as although it is classed as a "deep" at 7250 metres, it has been drilled to 5,500 metres so 1700 metres to go. It will be side tracked and needs to penetrate the salt layer. If there was no salt I think it would take them only 4 weeks. 2 year extension in place until May 2015 on blocks A & E - there are 2 deep prospects Emba A (Nur-1) and Emba B.
NUR-1 license was extended so that Max could try and find a partner to provide funding to finish the drill. This didn't happen so NUR-1 is most probably never going to be completed. The long process to test the finds and put them on production is more to do with Kaz regulations and red tape than anything Max are doing.
What was the point in renewing the nur liecence if they are not gong to do nothing with it. I am sick of max putting wellsnon test and never hearing any results.there should be a investgation into the running of this company.
Just looked at the historic share chart for MXP and back in the day (July 2009) this sp rocketed from 6p to 30p in the space of a single month. Is it fair to say that those halcyon days are long gone and that this AIM dog has had its (never to be repeated) day. (I wasnt involved back then) Any of you guys recall what started off that flurry north for the SP?
At some point it might well be worthwhile. 8.6m in reserves, worth $10pb offsets the $80m debt with not much left over. $10pb is probably a little low when netback is $25-$40.
I reckon they'll be able to firm up more reserves, cut production costs, increase production and get fields onto FFD with time.
Still thinking that the shallow are worth 2-3p long term, but as it's a risky investment you'd probably want to wait until the price has carried on sinking before it's worth that risk. Not a falling knife I'm willing to try and catch myself, now at least.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.