That is a long Christmas and New Year leave over and it's time to get back to normal routines. I've been off almost all the days. On December 27, I had a telephone and councilor with the governor on the issue of citizenship are in the mining issue. We work to be inviting ministers to an upcoming civil dialogue in late February."
A company is responsible for providing the evidence necessary for the court to be satisfied and able to make decisions on environmental permits. The supplements are not material so it will not forward the process and must not permit for new or expanded operations , says Anders Lundkvist .
He admits that there are occasional examples of mining exposes shortcomings in environmental work.
- Blaiken is an example of a company that sought permission and started operations then closed quickly. There may be said that the company, authorities and the court was poor at regulating the financial security of the business.
However, pointing Anders Lundkvist on the legislation has been tightened.
- With Blaiken previously applicable law, then there was no ability to require deposits in advance of finishing in the same way as there are today. Now you must have a financial provision of the provincial government at the cost of a post-treatment and control throughout their life .
JOKKMOKK Mining Plans in Kallak , northwest of Jokkmokk and Rönnbäck south of Tarnaby have several common denominators. It says SVT journalist Arne Mueller , author of reportage "Dirty billion - the Swedish mining boom back".
Rönnbäck and Kallak fall into the category of deposits that previously have been deemed to have been too badly and had too low mineral content to accent must have been interesting . Now that demand is high becomes interesting discoveries .
- But it is complicated transportation routes , and it is either very expensive or very tjorvigt and although it is not densely populated one should pass thousands of people before you reach the railway , says Arne Müller.
Another similarity between Rönnbäck and Kallak is the amount of waste at a production.
- There will be huge amounts and mining industry today is the largest producer of industrial waste. The amount will be multiplied , most of what you are picking up from the earth at the open pit will be a waste , says Arne Müller.
The tailings will need a secure environment storage.
One percent of all electricity
A between Rönnbäck and Kallak energy consumption - an under -discussed issue, according to Arne Müller.
- In Rönnbäck estimated using near one percent of Sweden's total electricity consumption. Even Kallak anticipated that the need for large amounts of electricity , he said.
- Adding to the diesel-powered machines in the mine and the trucks that will take care of transportation to get very large carbon footprint. Our goal in Sweden is that we should reduce emissions significantly and if we are to make these kind of mining projects then there is good reason to honestly talk about how to reduce carbon emissions elsewhere, but that discussion is not , says Arne Müller.
Oscar Sundevall , Economy Minister Annie Lööf's press secretary , said that it is working on the issue of mining and environmental impacts at the government level .
EPA points out in his study, " Roadmap 2050 " that all sectors must reduce their emissions , including industry , to reach Sweden's climate for 2050 is a ' carbon neutral Sweden . It is currently being considered by the Cabinet Office .
Environmental issues are global
Anders Lundqvist , who works for the mines' trade association Svemin with environmental issues, indicate that climate issues are global .
- To build up China and India requires supplementation of iron and steel to the market and we set high standards for energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions in Sweden . We produce not ore and steel someone else will , with worse environmental performance.
He assumes that any newly established mines will stay the same as today's mines in environmental concern .
- It will be hard requirements and difficult to open mines and so it is today.
Unlikely the workplan is in place till 31 Dec 2015 so they are allowed 8 weeks this year and 8 next year. Fred/CSP have on many occasions reasoned an increase in drilling , news flow and SP none of which has ever materialised. One of the two drills has headed to Ballek till April so any increase will have to wait. Not sure why they couldn't anticipate this delay and have the 2nd drill on iits way to ballak and both be back ready to drill in 8 weeks
Chute - Sweden is beginning to get a bad name, what a farce. 1750m Mick - fairly confident you are not alone, I'm in the same queue. "Jimab says that this stop will not affect their work Kallak" err yes Fred, yes it will.
to the Sami, their announcement that they have stopped drilling at Kallak is great as without them us shareholders would be unaware that drilling was taking place at all. They do seem to have a better gameplan than BEM who are incapable of producing, let alone completing a coherent plan. "RNS Number : 1990VBeowulf Mining PLC11 December 2013 ﻿ 11 December 2013 Beowulf Mining Plc ("Beowulf" or the "Company") Drilling to commence this month at Ballek Copper-Gold JV Project Beowulf (AIM: BEM; Aktietorget: BEO), " THE DRILL WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO BALLEK WTF ????? I think this year the delays will be spread over a number of stoppages to end of April , this will push it to when the weather breaks and drilling will be delayed due to protecting the environment because of boggy ground in Spring When the weather improves enough the protesters will camp out again. BEM will postpone till weather is cold enough to drill and Sami will invoke the 8 weeks next winter and cycle starts again. Forget end of year SP game New game: end of year metres drilled on KN and KS Chuteless: 2500ms
Oh I won't be selling mate, can't afford to - I wonder how many other PI's and people on this board are as down as much as me? I feel a mug, have always done well in stocks over many years, this (so far) is the worst investment decison I have ever made, make me think how many will dump if they get to break-even.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.