Register
Login:
Share:
Email Facebook Twitter


James Bevan on cybersecurity, banks and the housing market


Petro Matad Share Chat (MATD)



Share Price: 20.50Bid: 19.50Ask: 21.50Change: 0.50 (+2.50%)Riser - Petro Matad
Spread: 2.00Spread as %: 10.26%Open: 20.50High: 0.00Low: 0.00Yesterday’s Close: 20.00


Share Discussion for Petro Matad


Thread View

Please login or register to post a message on Share Chat.

Posts per page:


2010PM
Posts: 277
Observation
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:20.00
RE: RNS Coming
Today 06:12
Could be right - suspect an early morning based on history. Still some later in the day but seems to be a good bet! Only thing is I am not 100% sure tomorrow will happen. I have a sneaking suspicion it maybe end of next week., or worst case as I have already said end of June. IMO only.
 
Cormie
Posts: 74
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:20.00
RNS Coming
Today 05:41
The Yaks normally release RNS's on a Friday. Being the last Friday in May thoughts on Friday being D-Day?
2010PM
Posts: 277
Research
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:20.00
View Thread (3)
Sucsess Rates
Today 04:25
Article from Energy Economist - " In 2007 there were 53,558 wells drilled in the U.S.. Of those wells, 11,477 (27.0%) were completed as producing oil wells; 32,910 (61.5%) were completed as gas wells; and 6,171 (11.5%) were dry holes. A dry hole doesn't necessarily mean that there wasn't any oil or gas. It only indicates that there wasn't enough to produce commercially or there were problems with the well that prevented production. "

Interesting thing is here the success rate - yes I know certain people will scream - Heh but that is US and Mongolia is not US!! Brilliant but I am afraid the article goes on to say:

"The improvement in the overall success rate is combination of several factors.

First, seismic and other data available to geologists and petroleum engineers is far better than it was 20-30 years ago.

Second, drilling technology has improved.

Third, fewer wells on a percentage basis are exploratory or wildcat wells. A wildcat well has a 50-60% success rate"

So now I retract my 3% figure of yesterday and suggest as someone rightly commented - MATD have a good chance of success - nothing to do with which country it is drilled in but very much to do with the first and second point above - better seismic and other data and also improvement in drilling technology!

Oh well am sure someone will jump on this and argue otherwise but a 60% chance of success is not bad. Yes it means a 40% chance of failure but to me those are reasonable odds!

More a little later. Hope this help. In MATD I trust, even if I am slightly frustrated - however I suspect there isa good reason for the delay!
2010PM
Posts: 277
Observation
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:20.00
Bergen various
Today 04:10
Guys - morning - have to admit to falling asleep reading the too and fro on Bergen - my points remains regardless of what others may think - 1) To me they don't have to use any of the finance 2) yes they will end up paying a fee which I think is 5.6M shares 3) Any amount they take after that I don't believe is fixed but maybe time will prove me wrong. 3) Importantly I still believe it is stop-gap funding to ensure that the PSC, Drilling contract and drilling itself is not delayed.

That aside a few posts this morning which are I think up beat and may be of interest. So have a great day! Sun shining! North Korea relatively quiet!
MisterPositive
Posts: 4,193
Off Topic
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:20.00
View Thread (4)
RE: DINGER...
Today 00:45
D1nger,

Agree with your post.

Think it's time to get some positivity back on this board, despite scare mongering from a few clowns that is quite visible. Market is much bigger than a few morons on this board who constantly bash the share for their own advantage.

Then there are some recent recruits who just sail with the wind, whichever direction the wind is blowing.

Strongly feel in just over a week's time, we should get some overdue good news from MATD to put the momentum back on track for the summer drills.

To hold 20p support level for past 2 weeks is very impressive. Market is signalling bottom in my opinion and waiting for a turnaround soon than some might think.

imho
MisterPositive
Posts: 4,193
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:20.00
View Thread (2)
Captain Stan
Today 00:29
Since you sold out at a loss, you seem to be bitter and keep on bashing this share daily as if you have nothing better to do.

No wonder other posters (including myself) are annoyed with your behaviour. You seem to go at length in each post outlining the negatives.

Thought you said......."will watch from the sidelines"....... ?

Does not seem that way, does it ?
MisterPositive
Posts: 4,193
Off Topic
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:20.00
RE: Looks like somebody had my...
Wed 23:46
Ojay: I read your first post also.

Just had a very busy afternoon. Was unable to reply sooner.

June could prove to be a better month for MATD and hopefully provide some answers to all the doom mongers.

Have confidence in MATD management.

In GOD i trust.
sharedealing855
Posts: 665
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:20.00
View Thread (2)
RE: DINGER...
Wed 22:51
Yes D1nger, Matad having got Bergen on board has given the Mongolian Government a clear indication of their intent to fulfil their license obligations prior to getting the necessary extension.

Without the extension, there is no drilling requirement or farm in, without a farm in or at least funding in place there is no extension, catch 22, get Bergen on board, hey presto funding in place, license follows.
D1nger
Posts: 895
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:20.00
View Thread (4)
RE: DINGER...
Wed 22:29
Tony I mentioned before, that as far as i was concerned the Bergen deal provided Matd with two benefits, the first one was to ensure they were granted a licence extension and the second was to grant them time to conclude the farm in. I am still of that opinion.

In my opinion if Matd had a year left on the current licence then Bergen wouldn't have been in the picture.

Going to bed, sober again. Goodnight
sharedealing855
Posts: 665
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:20.00
View Thread (2)
RE: Examples for Sharedealing....
Wed 22:18
justScott, thanks for that, perhaps you might like to take a glancing look in your mirror tough guy.




Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk
FREE Member Services
- Setup a personalised Watchlist and Virtual Portfolio.
- Gain access to LIVE real-time Regulatory News (RNS).
- View more Trades, Directors' Deals, and Broker Ratings.
Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk






Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look. While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.