Register
Login:
Share:
Email Facebook Twitter


EXCLUSIVE: David Lenigas answers investor questions in a detailed interview about UKOG, Doriemus, LGC Capital, AfriAg and Angus Energy.


Condor Gld Share Chat (CNR)



Share Price: 43.50Bid: 43.00Ask: 44.00Change: 0.00 (0.00%)No Movement on Condor Gld
Spread: 1.00Spread as %: 2.33%Open: 45.00High: 45.00Low: 43.25Yesterday’s Close: 43.50


Share Discussion for Condor Gld


Thread View

Please login or register to post a message on Share Chat.

Posts per page:


Patryk221
Posts: 1,686
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
Funny condor
Sun 23:07
Funny how most of us old timers slowly start giving up on this old dog...I at this stage just wish for an end, either a win win or a loose situation, so at least then one does not have to hope anymore and spend another festive season in the dulldrums.... last time this reached 80s we had a share build up to a permit time frame, now we are just sucking info from our thumbs hence the price falling, I don't think even MC has a clue on timeframes anymore as he never got them right in the first place, saying that SOLG did recover to 40s from 1.5p not Even having got as far as condor gold and that's what I'm hoping for here, but as most of us who got sucked into this story at 160p, hope is fading when all the SP does is move the other direction, leaving more grey hairs on our heads...hope some of the old timers with huge holdings such as mine are still here...
 
NoEasy
Posts: 509
Observation
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
RE: Sad but...
Sun 20:50
Good post Aguila but I have to question your point that the permits don't matter that much and that there are other valuation triggers.

My view is that they can have all the valuation triggers they want and indeed we have already had many of them but without the long awaited, long delayed permitting the pulling of those triggers is going to result in a muffled 'phud'. Even with the permits I don't see a greatly sustained increase in SP. The distance between the permitting and mine construction will not do the price any favours. What the permitting does do is de-risk the project and allow those who have previously looked at this project, but chose not to acquire it, to see a large monkey removed from the equation, a monkey I presume, from the lack of a bidder during the open data room during the strategic review, that potential bidders don't want on their shoulders. They could have bought what, on the results of the PFS and subsequent Whittle Optimisation of the PFS, amounts to a very lucrative opportunity but chose not to, the question is why not when there is a need for established producers to replenish declining stock?

The market has been and continues to be unkind to junior gold exploration companies. Of the twin strategies for 2017 of obtaining permitting and proving up a district gold play the market knows we are well on the way to the latter yet despite this the SP is going backwards. I do however see some hope in a TSX listing simply because of the way that junior explorers are viewed and valued on that exchange.

We have a great asset here and if the TSX doesn't generate a change in fortunes then I will be looking to only two things to add significant value and that is a buy out after permitting or in the run up to production.
barnard
Posts: 3,033
Off Topic
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:43.50
TSX
Sun 20:34
The listing gives us exposure to a new set of investors ,who understand what we are going to achieve in Nicaragua. It's just my opinion but I think we will see a very strong Q4.
Strider4
Posts: 2,145
Premium Chat Member
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
Aguila
Sun 20:26
Agree with most of what you wrote there, but for two points:

1) "The main prize is TSX or TSXV listing, see what it did for Mariana Resources before it was taken over this year. Sol Gold got a secondary listing on the TSX in June 2017."

Yes, it may have helped Mariana Resources, but Solg's share price has gone down since its secondary listing. I don't think it's a given that it will rise, especially given point 2 below.

2) "they don't really matter that much, there are other valuation triggers."

That is pure fallacy. The permits matter a great deal. Without them this thing can be held up for years and years (it's already 2 and counting). With them the project is materially derisked as Wondergoals says, but without them there are two factors that seriously affect sentiment and therefore share price:

a) uncertainty over timelines (just how long will this take) - opportunity cost - could one's money be better placed elsewhere in the interim?
b) uncertainty that they will actually be granted (yes although most believe they will be, myself included, there is still a small probability that they won't).
Wondergoals
Posts: 2,234
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
RE: Sad but...
Sun 18:28
interesting views. thanks guys.

not sure I agree about 'focus on the resource, permits will come'. All the talk has been that sp is low because of uncertainty and risk about the permits. Once they are granted the project is fundamentally derisked. The current resource is sufficient for a highly profitable development which will provide community and environmental benefits. Bigger resource will obviously be even better, so the quicker proved up the better.

Also not convinced that company is being 'managed to take through to production'. I don't think we have said to government we are a credible operator (i.e. gold producer). We have demonstrated that we're a credible explorer and asset developer and that the programme can be taken to production and meet all environmental and technical requirements. That doesn't mean we have to do it. And the transformation from a small explorer to a substantial producer would be mighty indeed, and requires a completely different set of skills and resources.

I am sure with permits and growing resource the company (or asset) will be bought - esp to replenish a larger producer's dwindling resource, but with all conditions and safeguards which CNR is building in with Nic govt and IFC transferred.
barnard
Posts: 3,033
Off Topic
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:43.50
RE: Sad but...
Sun 16:00
Well written Aguila you're on the same page as me. The TSX listing is in the post and as you say the interims contain quarterly accounts for this reason. The focus here should be on the resource we have the permits will come.
Aguila
Posts: 53
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
View Thread (2)
RE: Sad but...
Sun 15:36
Wondergoals, the Company should never have listed on AIM in the first place as the market is hopeless for explorers!! That's a decision inherited by MC. Don't forget there was a 5 year bear market with gold dropping over 40% and the HUI Index of explorers and Condor's share price falling 90%. There was no point in spending money on a TSX listing and incurring extra operating costs (compliance fees, quarterly accounts) during a bear market. The market has stabilised in the last 2 years, gold has formed a good base and is in a trading range between 1150 and 1,350, technically looking good with higher lows. However, investment sentiment is still fragile, but now is the time to list on the TSX.

The listing should be before year end because 1) the interims contain quarterly accounts, which are required for the TSX, they are not there by accident 2) see DGF video, there is a massive hint at a TSX listing

The OTCQX trading, it isn't a listing, costs around US$25,000. Very small for North American exposure for a Central American asset. it is okay but a questionable decision. The main prize is TSX or TSXV listing, see what it did for Mariana Resources before it was taken over this year. Sol Gold got a secondary listing on the TSX in June 2017.

The Company is being managed to take through to production. You can't really say to the Government "give me the permits, i am a credible operator" and in the same breath say " i am going to flog the asset'. That said, La India is shaping up to be world class and whether they like it or not, my best guess is they will receive an Approach or bid in the next 12 to 18 months. US$700 oz all in sustaining cash costs, production up to 165k oz p.a.and an asset that can double to 5M oz gold. the strategy is correct. it is tragic that this BB is overly focused on permits, they don't really matter that much, there are other valuation triggers.
Strider4
Posts: 2,145
Premium Chat Member
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
RE: Sad but...
Sun 14:44
Certainly don't Elgordo - it's at the point in the life cycle where share price rise should be most rapid (last few months before first pour). It is a majot achievement to get it done on time and well under budget, so I think there is plenty more to come there yet.
7and28day
Posts: 123
Observation
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
Market Cap
Sun 11:25
If you look at the market cap of HUM it's five times that of Condor, as we move along the road to production I'd be happy with a share price of 220p for Condor shares prior to the first pour. Just shows the potential upside to this share in the near future.
Wondergoals
Posts: 2,234
Off Topic
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:43.50
RE: Sad but...
Sun 09:47
Aguila - if TSX listing is important (and I agree, I think it is too), why hasn't the company done it yet - been talking about it for years - and why did they waste time, energy and money on the pathetic US listing which has done nothing?

I think I've seen you and others suggesting TSX listing may happen before Xmas. Do you still think so?

Assuming permits comer do we think that CNR will try and take it through to BFS or do you think plan would be to sell before then? I seem to recall that IFC committed to fund this work if required (or did I dream that?)




Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk
FREE Member Services
- Setup a personalised Watchlist and Virtual Portfolio.
- Gain access to LIVE real-time Regulatory News (RNS).
- View more Trades, Directors' Deals, and Broker Ratings.
Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk






Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look. While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.