I understand and even share your concern. But, I would like to see that you are able to accept that if we are the owners of Beowulf than we simply cannot just sit idly waiting for Kurt to do the job for himself and for us. For this reason I completely disagree that: "we just have to wait ...absolutely nothing else we can do" as it was suggested by Suzy2? There is old good saying: Those who really want to do something, they are just doing, those who do not want, they are looking for reasons. At the same time I want remind all of you once more that I never have intention to act without consultation with Kurt, other shareholders or being not absolutely sure that such action could have positive impact. So, if you are not agree with my suggestion than make and declare your own but not just sit and wait.
I am inclined to agree manro, whilst I also sympathise massively with your views and wish to be doing something we should note the persistence of breca and understand what the politicians are having to endure in Sweden with unrelenting challenges at every turn. It is easier for them to back off we know but the logic of creating tax revenue and employment in an EU that is struggling to provide its young people with employment should win out in the end. I do believe Kurt is alive to the issues of the environment and has strove to have a dialogue with the Sami but his rebuffs can only be seen as reasonable efforts in the context of evaluation procedures. My hope is that mick's post stating that hiscoontact has done her bit indicates a step towards a decision being made and announced now.
I can see your points and understand how you are feeling, but must stress that we shareholders are not privy to the intricacies of these ongoing negotiations, all the facts, whereas Kurt is our representative, and is privy to what is occurring on the inside, albeit not entirely it seems insofar as the Swedish Government workings are concerned. However, clearly not his fault that the application process is dragging on.
I suggest that three years of waiting should not be in vain, and for us, without all the facts, to try and push for a result, we may only be putting the negotiations in jeopardy, at what is obviously a delicate stage, the final stage.
As many have suggested, our continued patience is key. Air our views to Kurt, contact him if necessary, but please allow him to do his job on our behalf, without creating any further problems from shareholders for him to then have to address. It will only hinder any progress for BEM, not aid it.
Here's an article illustrating the importance of the mining industry in Norrbotten county, from todays news (via Google Translate):
"On Governor Sven-Erik Österberg's initiative was met on Thursday representatives from Gällivare municipality and LKAB provincial government to discuss the locked positions on the issue of compensation for social transformation .
There have even been threats of Malmberg mine would be closed. Something that would not only affect the municipality of Gällivare , but the whole of Norrbotten."
It isn't a very strange reason.....that some shareholders think it would be meddling to do as you suggest and write to the government, it would be inappropriate at this stage to do anything without Kurt's explicit direction, he's the boss and he knows what he's about. Your impatience is understandable but we just have to wait ...absolutely nothing else we can do.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.