Mr Brian Culver appointed Business Development Director
Westminster Aviation Security Services Ltd
Westminster Group Plc ('Westminster' or 'the Group'), the AIM listed supplier of system solutions and products to the security, defence, fire protection and safety markets worldwide, is pleased to announce that it has appointed Mr Brian Culver as its Business Development Director of Westminster Aviation Security Services Ltd.
Mr Brian Culver has extensive experience within the aviation industry having held a number of senior positions including Head of Security at BMI responsible for all aspects of aviation security worldwide, European Operations Director at Continental Airlines, Head of Security and Ground Operations in Qatar and General Manager for Central Europe for Aviation Defence International (ADI), now G4S, responsible for the delivery of aviation security services to airport and airline customers in all major airports in Germany and in France Paris CDG, Lyon and Nice.
Brian's experiences include:
· Managed responses to major security incidents - such as; the Lockerbie bombing, 9/11, terrorist attacks, introduction of restrictions of liquids on aircraft, London underground terrorist attacks, Mumbai hotels terrorist attack, serious disturbances/Crew evacuation in Beirut, conflict with Russia/crew evacuation in Georgia;
· Active participation in Regulator heightened security review groups;
· Effective dialogue with regulators and airport authorities in the UK and overseas;
· Systems and Services Adviser, Lagos Nigeria, two assignments of two years;
· Set security policies, procedures, audit programme and 24/7 support processes;
· Assumed responsibility for 18 security challenging stations overnight when BMI took-over BMED;
· Active participation in industry groups; IATA, AEA, BATA, AOC's, ASC's and UK MATRA's and UK/Overseas Airport Security Committees;
· Numerous security surveys of Saudi Arabia in 2005 to determine the security acceptability of BMI commencing operations, replacing British Airways;
· Various projects; business development for ITS Security, Ground handling in both Amsterdam and Nigeria;
· New airline and Garuda efficiency study;
· Co-ordination of a substantial U.S. Military, CRAF, operation during first Gulf War.
Commenting on Brian's appointment Peter Fowler, Chief Executive of Westminster Group, said:
"I am extremely pleased to report that Brian is joining our aviation security business, further strengthening an impressive management team.
"I believe that Brian's vast experience and connections within the aviation sector will be of tremendous benefit to our business particularly with some of the potential new airport projects we are looking at.
"Our aviation security business is continuing to gather momentum and is developing numerous opportunities in the aviation sector. The Board and I remain optimistic on the future prospects for growth from this division."
Commenting on his appointment Brian Culver added:
"I am delighted to be joining Westminster and I am excited about what I see as an interesting, challenging and rewarding role with significant business development opportunities.
"I am impressed by the structure and growth opportunities in Westminster and look forward to being part of this successful and well respected international security organisation."
For further information please contact:
Westminster Group plc
Tel: 01295 756 300
Peter Fowler (Chief Executive)
Ian Selby (Chief Financial Officer)
Fairfax I.S. PLC (NOMAD + Broker)
Tel: 020 7598 5368
Stuart Gledhill/Katy Birkin
Winningtons Financial (Financial PR)
Tel: 020 3176 4722
Tom Cooper/Paul Vann
0797 122 1972
Westminster Group plc is a leader in the supply of system solutions and products to the security, defence, fire protection and safety markets worldwide.
Westminster's principal activity is the design, supply and ongoing support of advanced technology security solutions, risk assessments and close protection services. These can range from product only assignments, such as the supply of specialised scanners, to the design and implementation of an integrated system solution such as a border detection and surveillance system. The majority of its customer base, by value, comprises governments and government agencies, non governmental organisations and blue chip commercial organisations.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.