NOTIFICATION OF TRANSACTIONS OF DIRECTORS / PERSONS DISCHARGING MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY OR CONNECTED PERSONS
1. Name of the issuer
2. State whether the notification relates to (i) a transaction notified in accordance with DTR 3.1.2R; (ii) a disclosure made in accordance LR 9.8.6R(1); or (iii) a disclosure made in accordance with section 793 of the Companies Act (2006)
3. Name of person discharging managerial responsibilities/director
N A Nicandrou
4. State whether notification relates to a person connected with a person discharging managerial responsibilities/director named in 3 and identify the connected person
Relates to person named in 3 above
5. Indicate whether the notification is in respect of a holding of the person referred to in 3 or 4 above or in respect of a non-beneficial interest
Relates to person named in 3 above
6. Description of shares (including class), debentures or derivatives or financial instruments relating to shares
Ordinary shares of 5p each
7. Name of registered shareholder(s) and, if more than one, the number of shares held by each of them
Prudential Group Share Incentive Plan Trust (the Trust)
8. State the nature of the transaction
A purchase was made on 8 June 2012 of ordinary shares in the Company by Yorkshire Building Society (the Trustee of the Trust) at a price of £6.84 per share for the purpose of satisfying the purchase of ordinary shares on behalf of eligible employees (including executive directors and persons discharging managerial responsibility) who have elected to join the Prudential Group Share Incentive Plan (the Plan). The Plan has been approved by the Inland Revenue as a share incentive plan under the Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003.
The number of ordinary shares purchased on this date on behalf of the executive directors and persons discharging managerial responsibility participating in the Plan is set out in Section 9 below:
9. Number of shares, debentures or financial instruments relating to shares acquired
N A Nicandrou - 23 ordinary shares
10. Percentage of issued class acquired (treasury shares of that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
N A Nicandrou - less than 0.000001%
11. Number of shares, debentures or financial instruments relating to shares disposed
12. Percentage of issued class disposed (treasury shares of that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
13. Price per share or value of transaction
14. Date and place of transaction
8 June 2012, London
15. Total holding following notification and total percentage holding following notification (any treasury shares should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
N A Nicandrou - 895,532 ordinary shares, less than 0.04%
16. Date issuer informed of transaction
8 June 2012
If a person discharging managerial responsibilities has been granted options by the issuer complete the following boxes
17. Date of grant
18. Period during which or date on which it can be exercised
19. Total amount paid (if any) for grant of the option
20. Description of shares or debentures involved (class and number)
21. Exercise price (if fixed at time of grant) or indication that price is to be fixed at the time of exercise
22. Total number of shares or debentures over which options held following notification
23. Any additional information
24. Name of contact and telephone number for queries
Jennie Webb, Group Secretariat, 020 7548 2027
Name of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification
Clive Burns, Head of Group Secretariat, 020 7548 3805
Date of notification
11 June 2012
Prudential plc is not affiliated in any manner with Prudential Financial Inc, a company whose principal place of business is in the United States of America
Notes: This form is intended for use by an issuer to make an RIS notification required by DR 3.3.
An issuer making a notification in respect of a transaction relating to the shares or debentures of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 16, 23 and 24.
An issuer making a notification in respect of a derivative relating the shares of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8,13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
An issuer making a notification in respect of options granted to a director/person discharging managerial responsibilities should complete boxes 1 to 3 and 17 to 24.
An issuer making a notification in respect of a financial instrument relating to the shares of the issuer (other than a debenture) should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.