DQ Entertainment plc (AIM: DQE), the global entertainment, production and distribution group, is pleased to announce that it is continuing to deliver new productions and has signed several new licensing and merchandising deals in respect of its intellectual properties during the quarter ending 31 March 2012.
These are summarised in turn below.
DQE has successfully delivered 6 new TV productions:
seasons 1 and 2
26 x 22 minutes 3D TV series co-produced with Method Animation, France and Marvel Entertainment, USA
26 x 22 minutes 3D TV series co-produced with Method Animation, France and France Televisions
52 x 11 minutes 3D TV series co-produced with Method Animation, France and M6 Studios
52 x 11 minutes 2D animated TV series produced in collaboration with Nickelodeon, India
70 minute 2D animated TV feature acquired for broadcast by Turner Networks for the Indian subcontinent
Feluda TV series
13 x 22 minutes 2D animated TV series acquired for broadcast by Disney, India
Licensing agreements for "The New Adventures of Peter Pan"
DQE has appointed France Television Distribution ("FTD"), one of France's leading licensing and merchandising agents, as their licensing representative for its latest 3D 52 x 11' TV series of its wholly owned IP 'The New Adventures of Peter Pan'. This 3 year agreement permits FTD to act as DQE's exclusive licensing and merchandising agent in France, Monaco, Andorra, French-speaking Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
Further, DeAgostini, Italy has acquired the rights for agency representation in respect of licensing and merchandising for Peter Pan in Italy.
Licensing and merchandising agreements for "The Jungle Book"
DQE has signed multiple licensing deals for it very successful 3D TV series "The Jungle Book" including:
· Jungle Online, Belgium, has acquired the rights to make Jungle Book comic books in French in France, Monaco, Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg. This deal was concluded through TF1 France, DQE's licensing agent for these regions
· Gruppo Edicart, Italy, acquired the publishing rights of Jungle Book in Italy, San Marino and the Vatican City through DQE's Italian licensing agents, Planeta Junior. Edicart has the right to publish for example, Jungle Book pop up books, activity and games books, sticker albums and story books
· Swadesh Essfil, India, an upcoming licensee in the Indian market and the license holder for Angry Birds in India has acquired the rights for the production of Jungle Book stationary, stamps, writing pads, white boards, water bottles, lunch boxes, cookie jars etc. in India
· Haksan, a South Korean publishing company has acquired the rights to make colouring book, sticker albums and puzzles, while Marken Dosi, another South Korean company, will produce wall paper decorations and souvenirs of Jungle Book
· Showtime Attraction, Australia, has acquired the rights for costume character appearances in malls and various festivals and shows of Jungle Book characters
· Blue Ocean, a leading publishing house in Germany has acquired the publishing rights of Jungle Book Magazine 3 in Germany and German speaking Europe
· Exim Licensing, a USA based licensing and merchandising firm was appointed as DQE's licensing agents for The Jungle Book in Mexico. Exim will represent the licensing interests for the TV series in Mexico and has the rights to negotiate and administer licensing agreements on DQE's behalf.
Broadcasting and distribution agreements for "Iron Man"
DQE has signed new broadcasting and distribution agreements for series 2 of its 3D TV series "Iron Man Armoured Adventures" including:
· Broadcasting agreement with Buena Vista International (Disney channel) in many Asian regions including Indonesia, Brunei, East Timor, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Mongolia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea and Republic of Palau.
· Home video distribution agreement with Australian distribution company, Magna Home Entertainment ("Magna"). The 5 year agreement provides Magna with the home video distribution rights of the TV series in Australia and New Zealand.
DQE is continuing to negotiate new licensing deals across its library of IPs and is also confident of concluding negotiations over certain new projects in the MIPTV 2012, Cannes, held between 1 - 4 April 2012.
Tapaas Chakravarti Chairman & CEO of DQE Group commented,
"We have been getting a lot of interest for many of our high quality projects like The Jungle Book, Peter Pan and Iron Man for licensing and distribution from major global players. We are delighted that our licensing arm has started paying dividends by fast tracking many strategic deals around the world and will contribute substantially to the Group's financial results."
DQ Entertainment International
Tapaas Chakravarti - Chairman and CEO
Rashida Adenwala - Director Finance & Investor Relations
Tel: +91 40 235 53726
Seymour Pierce Ltd
Nandita Sahgal / David Foreman (Corporate Finance)
Paul Jewell (Corporate Broking)
Tel: +44 (0)207 107 8000
Mark Edwards / Suzanne Brocks / Clare Akhurst
Tel: +44 (0)20 7466 5000
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.