AVIVA COMPLETES SALE OF CZECH REPUBLIC, HUNGARY AND ROMANIA LIFE BUSINESSES
Further to its announcement dated 30 January 2012, Aviva plc has completed the sale of its Czech, Hungarian and Romanian Life businesses to MetLife Inc's local operating subsidiaries in those countries. Completion of the sale of Aviva's Romanian Pensions business is expected to occur later this year subject to regulatory approval.
This transaction is consistent with Aviva's strategy to focus on fewer business segments, where it can produce attractive returns.
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Rashmi Wehmeier +44 (0)20 7662 9511
Charles Barrows +44 (0)20 7662 8115
David Elliot +44 (0)20 7662 8048
Notes to editors:
· Aviva provides 43 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
· We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
· We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
· The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/mediaincludes images, company and product information and a news release archive
· For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/.
· Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.