Hi theammer - nice to see you are still around! I'm in the same situation as you with trading costs - will not be worth it for me to sell even if they do raise 30k. I will either have to wait until it 20 bags or until it goes into administration again! Yes, IOF is finally on its way (much more to go, I reckon). VOG is my main frustration just now, but just a matter of waiting. I used to really enjoy that old IVE bulletin board here, though, so believe it or not, still have fond memories of IVE for that reason.
Does anyone remember the film "The Producers" - sounds like this share offer - you know own 100% of the new shell company along with 1,799 other 100% owners of the shell. Next letter from Irvine will no doubt bear a no reply address in the Bahamas!!
I messed up badly on IVE as it was one of my first investments despite warnings from FJP 73 and Spacey not to touch it because of the high level of Intangible Assets.
Now it is super intangible and in the words of the Dragons I am out.
Good luck any that enter - I shall just await the final goodbye from Irvine and then I can book the CGT loss at long last.
I think IVE was possibly my first investment. I remember all those arguments with FJP and Spacey warning people off and KeepItSimple then arguing the cause. Fun days! I must read through all the RNSs again one day and see if I would now decide against investing, although with hindsight sitting on my shoulder, I may not read them the same as if I did not know what was happening.
I do also wonder if it is all just a wash and repeat exercise. Let's hope that they do well if they do get up and going again. It's a shame really because everyone at one stage was hoping they would relist, but now it seems that everyone is just fed up (possibly because of the nature of the new business).
No-one on advfn seems to have taken it up although someone says they spoke to IVE who seem to be saying that some people have given money. There's so much bad feeling on the boards, I think it would take a bit of courage for someone to admit that they'd decided to risk some more cash.
Still don't know what happens if you can't trade on their chosen exchange. I did look at their website last night but there was no update then.
I emailed the company - they said they'd rather people emailed them directly (go on, everyone!) rather than me reporting back, but to be honest he just repeated back what I already knew. Maybe someone else will get more info or if enough of us ask, maybe they'll regularly update via a mailing list or the website or something.
Well, it seems some people have received a letter from IVE or whatever it now wants to call itself. It appears that there has now been a satisfactory level of support, one person said they got pre IPO details.
Another person has been contacted by Ardea Capital LP which claims to have a client wanting to acquire IVE and paying $1-2 per share. It's suspected this is a scam to get you to pay upfront legal fees, so watch out!
I got my pre qoutation pack this week from them, but i wont be applying, they still want a minimum investment of £1000 from shareholders.
They don't fsa status yet, they don't have the software yet, non of the new directors have subscribed for any new shares or have any shares whatsoever, but they will be awarding themselves share options at the agm.
They say the software will be bought by either buying the company that produces it for shares in the new ive. Then later on it states "Modifications to the p2p software should enable the company to use the software (copy of it)". Copy! i thought they said they were buying the software company earlier.
Allen and Gil are already claiming £2500 a month so that £30k they raised should look after the for about a year. And Allen was a director of bridge hall stockbrokers which went into liquidation last year.
osammyboy2 1 Feb'13 - 13:17 - 19847 of 19848 0 0
They Called me because they were annoyed that Barclays had not sent out the offer to anybody. So I think they are calling all Barclay's nominee holders because of this. I queried the minimum investment because it says in the pack that there is no minimum investment. He said there was a minimum of £30000 at the beginning but not any longer. He also said none of the directors are getting paid! On the tone of the call I might have considered investing but since I dumped the pack I no longer have the application form and I'm too lazy to look for another so I'll let it pass.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.