Short point, looking at IGAS - can take recent drilling results & further planned to DECC to show proof of concept, EDR now drilling 2 wells whilst bidding round is in play until end Oct 14 is strong stuff, also hopefully there might be news of EDR& ALK kicking off Nooks Farm Joint PEDL owners & proving the JV concept approach to DECC to evaluate the combined entity take on larger acreage - the timing is nearly perfect- fingers crossed & for the drill results next week - 38 days 26th? . GL HTH
Ineos Power & Inten Shale Deal
Last point - as ALk sold EDr shale - Ineos has re-affirmed the approach and bought Shale assets leaving the above resources - IN THE MIDDLE OF A TAKEOVER!!! Could Egdon get taken over in the near future especially if it substantially increases it's unconventional resources - only IMHO who knows - looking more +ve I believe despite the protests - Coal is the killer just look at Drax 4GW 24/7 say no more see the acid rain?
Ineos sets the tone for the Uk
Actions always speak louder - Ineos has a different agenda to the market - thank God, it's where Britain used to be leading - I might be wrong but Ratcliffe is a game changer - to quote his Everest sponsorship as a measure “I had sent literally hundreds of letters to potential sponsors but had very little luck,” he said. “But then INEOS stepped in which effectively guaranteed I could do the climb.” INEOS chairman Jim Ratcliffe agreed to meet Rhys to discuss the planned expedition. “I had no idea what to expect when I met him,” said Rhys. “I remember turning up in my beaten up hatchback and wearing a suit. He was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.” The two chatted for an hour. “I got the impression nothing is lost on him and he seemed very engaged the whole time we were talking, which was impressive considering how much was probably going on,” said Rhys. “It was also a sign that he had good people working for him in that he could spend a big chunk of the day talking to me.” The face-to-face meeting resulted in a £30,000 sponsorship deal with INEOS. “It was a game changer,” said Rhys. With the money in his pocket – and an INEOS flag to plant at the summit – Rhys could now concentrate on the journey that lay ahead. The measure of the man - the end. GL
Ineos Exploration Shale Scotland
Did call this - see Quote announcement Ineos takes its first step into UK shale exploration, By Anthony Clark Posted 18 August 2014. Ineos has moved into UK shale exploration with the purchase of BG Group’s 51% share of the shale section of a joint Petroleum Exploration and Development Licence (PEDL). The remaining 49% is owned by exploration company Dart Energy. No figures were disclosed. The PEDL 133 licence covers 329 square kilometres of the Midland Valley of Scotland, which includes Ineos’ Grangemouth refining and petrochemical complex and the area around it. Gary Haywood, chief executive of Ineos Upstream, said; “We are very pleased to have agreed the purchase of 51% of the shale section of the PEDL 133 licence. Over the last year Ineos Upstream has been drawing together a team of experts in the sector, including a number of leading shale exploration and development specialists from the US. This expertise gives us the perfect platform to move into onshore exploration. “This is a logical next step for Ineos and we are very excited about it. We are one of very few businesses that can use shale gas as both a fuel and a petrochemical feedstock,” he added. “With our large UK asset base, our existing capabilities in operating oil and gas facilities and our exemplary safety and environmental record, Ineos is well placed to become a major player in the UK onshore gas production sector.” As I said on the ALK bb these guys are the business and once it hits wages it hits votes and the costs advs are so great the competition will be very, very threatened and migrate. HTH GL
Just trying to get a grasp of the confidence on this board that Edgon will strike oil at Wressle, followed by Burton? Edr have a pretty good success rate and I hold shares in UJO do in a similar boat for the immediate drills, I'm feeling confident of a strike
Edr Valuation On Striking Oil
Being doing a bit more research but can work out the price if EDR was to hit oil within a couple of weeks and SP if well was good as dry. Thanks
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.