As I'm not great with the rules on mergers or acquisitions, what are the prospective consequences for small share holders, from a sale of the entire business. Could someone fill me in on what this all means for small holders like myself. I bought in to MXP about 6 months before the deep drill fiasco and am currently sitting on a prospective £3.5k loss at the current share price, which by the look of it, is deepening by the moment.
I do think you're reading that right, if those full impairment charges come through. The company is worth little more than its current reserves, which could gradually increase or at least remain steady during production, but shareholders won't find out if the company is sold at current levels.
Even now the company is boom or bust dependent on NUR-1.
The deeps aren't going anywhere - if Max don't drill them then someone else will. How do we know that their experience with Max hasn't put them off giving deep still licenses to small companies? They may prefer to sell the license to a bigger outfit next time.
I think we will easily get an extension - government want the investment. Kazmunigas were rumoured to be interested before and along with Chevron, Bowleven, Dragon - they all have cash to invest here. Production is increasing and with some money the deeps can be drilled - we have 2 of them.
Also I doubt Nur1 is a lure. It's too late now. Any sale will take months to finalise, the deadline for the drill will have passed by the time any buyer can re-enter the well, unless another license extension can be gained.
I doubt the news will make any immediate difference to the share price, might even make it go down a little as the sale could indicate the bank want their money bs k sharpish. Might force a sale for a low price. Tbh I'll be surprised if someone is willing to pay more than 2p a share. We might get 3p if we're lucky.
Increase in sp would be a good start. NUR-1 is a nice carrot and depending on who we are taking about then they can mobilise a drill pretty sharpish......Tengiz is a super giant and our location and geology makes this a valuable asset.
Kazmunigas was rumoured to want Max a few years ago, Chevron in the area and hey even Bowleven have cash now.....to be honest doubt we will have a shortage of takers.
The Company also advises that negotiations with Sberbank remain ongoing to reset the technical production and reserves covenants under the Sberbank US$90 million credit facility (as announced with the Company's interim results on 30 December 2013) to reflect the current profile of reserves and production. The Company continues to meet its payment obligations under the facility.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.