Hey mate I had my shares in just share dealing account and set up share isa this morning then I had to phone them up do they could sell them outa share dealing account and bought straight back onto isa account. Hope that helps.
Spot on Poetical. I would also add that the Directors are shareholders too and it would be in their best interest to have the share price as stable as possible (hence they would have announced by now if a deal had been agreed in principle)
I think that our problem is that we're all understandably looking at this from a narrow-minded perspective .. ie WW1. The reason for the delay could be much more to do with a big picture ... eg the establishment of a longer term working relationship between Repsol and TRP with other prospects (away from Namibia) being tied in.
We have to remain aware that we're talking about an ambitious BOD at TRP and global players in the industry. Timing of RNS's may be much more to do with larger scale ambitions / relationships.
Again its all just speculation and what I'm really trying to say is that we shouldn't be concerned about the timing of RNS's purely in relation to this drill.
You have to go back to the rns... Re farm out, drill plan and budget, if this was a drill in uk waters then the drill plan would have to be submitted with in 2-3 weeks period to drill ... I suspect that the drill plan is complete but going thro repsols internal processes.. It is rare that drill plan isn't finalised by spud, but it has happened before .. There is still plenty of time for farm out news IMO ..
My question regarding a farm in announcement, is what is there to gain by waiting? I'm fairly certain if it had been agreed and was just awaiting signatures then it would have happened and been announced. It would have created a stability in the share price and justify increased market cap with the long term future set in more certainty.
whereas by not announcing the opposite has happened and there is a great deal of nerves whether people admit it or not.
No, I don't believe the deal has been agreed and there is no way of knowing whether they are even in negotiations with someone over it. My gut feel is they are, if all avenues had 100% been exhausted then they would have announced that and their back-up plan. I think there are discussions, but whether a deal gets done will be down to the wire.
It's even possible drilling will start without this in place, but I would imagine Repsol will demand to know how the drill will be funded which at the very least means proof one of the two funding facilities will allow equity release for something like a drill.
Repsol could also be sitting in the sidelines hoping negotiations for TRP won't go anywhere and when TRP are out of options pounce cheaply as the easy / obvious option.
I could go on for pages with possibilities of what might happen, but the one thing I'm fairly sure of is that as of now the deal we expected to happen, hasn't or it would have been announced.
I hope it ends well and I agree with everyone who says this is too big an opportunity to ignore or that a deal won't happen one way or another, but you've got to work with the facts present and this is why I've pulled out half my investment until I see the outcome. I will gladly buy back in on the inevitable rise on the way back up accepting less profit in the process.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.