As the BOD have told us, they are always aware of not disclosing information that could advantage a particular group of shareholders and not others. Therefore, they should not disclose anything new at the AGM. However, they can clarify statements made in the RNSs and updates. As JPM has also touched on, the body language and tone used when answering questions can speak volumes.
I sometimes wonder if the decision of IEG to wind up their company and allocate QFI shares to the individual shareholders might not be because some shareholders wanted to stick with the original plan, while others may want to continue growing QFI over the longer term. Let's face it, it would be relatively easy to do under the license model - then just sit back and watch the royalties pouring in.
J-P-M My Thoughts and expectations are in line with yours, The reason I highlighted Q4 16 ,Is without completion and issue of LONO for Marine MSAR2 PS in Singapore or the GOM will not show there hand, But on the up side we have according to the latest Edison report a possible 300,000 ton start up production in Q2 15 @ KSA, So a substantial move in SP to look forward to there should it materialize Appreciate the feedback
I generally concur with your points BOTAK with the exception of timscale regarding significant SP reaction to company progress. If I can also incorporate the point made by steveho regarding FTSE membership at this point as I think the two issues are related. The huge unknown regarding QFI is the short to medium term strategy of our BoDs in terms of how proactive they will be around T/O or buy-out to a GoM or similar. This point really matters as it will determine the actions they take in the much talked about 18-24 month window they keep referring to. My take on this is that QFI was set up to develop markets for the fuels and at the right moment sell out at a huge premium to current SP at that time, this is consistent with IEG philosophy I think and would therefpre negate any efforts towards FTSE entry, dividends etc. Why do I think this? I`m no business person but looking at the market MSAR is creating, it will be massive and as such will in quite quick time get the attention of competitors particularly the power sector. Whilst QFI are the superior brand and product right now, others will follow and compete and also the environmental issues regarding sulphur remain uncertain going forward, so on balance if QFI got the golden offer in say 2017 then the worry and effort required to keep growing the company and defending its market would be passed on to a GoM at a very nice profit to all shareholders. I have always taken the view that a buy-out is the most likely outcome but only after MSAR/MSAR2 has proven itself commercially and has created good and growing demand for its products and services and for me that will take until late 2017. I know many other posters have similar views and on balance as I say is perhaps the most likely scenario for our company. However, nothing is guaranteed and I can also see another scenario where the BoDs dont get the offer they believe we are entitled to and stay with the project and continue to grow the business, this model will mean a longer time for maximum returns in terms of SP and dividends but when they do come they will likely be beyond what any company would offer, and that is the issue in a nutshell...buy-out must be early enough to make QFI affordable and a good long term investment and not too late so as to lose the value-add associated with a timely takover, hope this makes some sense. Cheers
AE Many Thanks for the response & advise, Call it luck call it wise, but I was lucky to have come across a report about QFI in October 2012 or before !! then jumped in @ 7,6 9 ,10 then after the placement drop @7 again and have built a moderate holding, IMO it will be towards end 2016 before a major reflection in SP will be highlighted, I can wait,, but in the meantime have I other stock,s to invest with hopefully o quicker ROI, maybe just 1 of them with potential of QFI, BUT the SP is and will continue to be at the mercy of market forces AE what,s your thoughts on any developments being revealed at the AGM, unfortunately I will once again miss out as Im working the other side of the World, but Im sure a lot of discussion and Fun to be had for those who attend ATB
As you will already know with investing, and in particular AIM investing, timing is everything. Wise investors get in at what they believe is a floor, undervalued market price, they don't wait until near the end of a meteoric rise before jumping in. Do your research, write down your plan, then take decisive action when the time calls for it. The only time I have suffered a loss is when I didn't write down my plan, after doing sufficient research, then sticking to that plan. Indecision and jumping from pillar to post will almost guarantee failure. Fear of the SP dropping is only one of the fears that can lose investors money, fear of the SP rising and missing the boat is another one because it can lead to a poor entry point being made. Good luck.
J-P-M Excellent summing up of the SP behaviour of the last few months, no matter how strong the belief in the company and there product, our investment/holding value is at the mercy of the market and I for one have learnt over the last few years that when the shorters/negative sentiment/ day traders sniff weakness the SP can plummet, although this action bears no reflection to the fundamentals it does erode confidence , So , when the sp bottoms out, investors are very wary about re-entry/topping -up until some concrete news on contract advancement is released and not just the re release/posting of old hat At the risk of being slated from posters who dont share my views, This has been the case here and the slipage in timescales ( ie- delay in the seamless folding of POC into LONO/MMU deployment ) has induced the SP action and confusion JMT GLA & Keep Smiling
You gentlemen are putting some very mischievous thoughts into my head, but at least I've got the two days to consider it (without telling the wife).
After all, if you can't beat 'em, why not join 'em at their own game?
I'm terribly tempted to do a big top-up on Monday moning, for however much I can find. Fifteen grand or so, something like that. Whatever I can find on offer (and usually my broker can't fingd that amount actually for sale, which is a telling thing in itself;) Then if the SP goes up I'll immediately trade them back. Take those MM guy's profit margins from them. If it doesn't, no sweat, they'll be worth three times that in eighteen months' time.
Never thought I'd descend to such tactics, but even if it's a dark and dirty job, someone's got to do it. This company has got to get on to FTSE and out of the hands of the cowboys.
Attending the AGM last year, first time I had done any such thing, gave me a real tangible connection with the people who run this company. Out of this has arisen confidence that the product is a genuine game changer that will eventually reap rewards for my considerable Investment.
As a long term holder, I don't want to have to sit in front of a computer screen all day reacting to every twist and turn of the share price. There's far more to life than that!
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.