Register
Login:
Share:
Email Facebook Twitter

EXCLUSIVE: Malcy, Columbus & Reabold presentations - Video Webcast Here

EXCLUSIVE: Leo Koot, Exec Chairman, Columbus Energy speaks at London South East's Oil & Gas event
EXCLUSIVE: Stephen Williams, Reabold Resources speaks at London South East's Oil & Gas event


Beowulf Share Chat (BEM)



Share Price: 5.15Bid: 5.00Ask: 5.30Change: 0.00 (0.00%)No Movement on Beowulf
Spread: 0.30Spread as %: 6.00%Open: 5.25High: 5.25Low: 5.05Yesterday’s Close: 5.15


Share Discussion for Beowulf


Thread View

Please login or register to post a message on Share Chat.

Posts per page:

EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.15
lbjj/aug59
Thu 15:01
You are both correct. Lol.

The rub being that it was nearly four years ago since the CAB meandered, and here we are, still waiting. Unacceptable, not only in terms of time, but also in relation to further monetary woes suffered by us directly, purely because of this delay.

I must trust then that Kurt is really pressing for a decision, with emphasis on our mistreatment in a supposedly prescribed process. I must hope that he isn't only waiting, because it does seem that the Swedes will simply let him wait indefinitely, as one could argue that if this present Government body fails to act on Kallak, it won't matter, as the Government make-up will change anyway.

The Swedes must be held accountable now, by Kurt, because they will not hold themselves to account. They have shown that. The detail is in just how he goes about it, without the need to bring legal action, but obviously making the Swedes appreciate that legal action against their failings is quite possible. Nay, probable.

Only in my opinion, as a non-legal eagle.

Best regards both.
 
aug59
Posts: 1,695
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.05
lbjj
Thu 13:49
Yes. The wind-up comment, was in response to your, "they will not grant the concession to a foreign Company …..". The facts are, we are owed now by almost 60% being Swedish investors. Jokkmokk iron mines, isn’t exactly Charring Cross Explorers Ltd. Almost everyone agrees with your comments in the 13:10 post. In my initial post I said, that I thought it was crucial that a decision is delivered in this Parliament, I expressed my reasons. Further, rightly or wrongly, I feel that Budge will hold that view. So then, given that he has told the world of his disappointment re the CAB’s input, and given that he has not gone legal, this must be the result of careful consideration of all of his options. The above is the foundation in my belief that some additional input, if necessary, should be made to land the decision in this Parliament. In my opinion only. atb
lbjj
Posts: 4,870
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.05
aug59
Thu 13:10
BEM have a strong legal position, a competent, professional in charge, who has been thorough, inclusive, collaborative, has gone the extra mile to dot every i and cross every t. He has even recruited the fabled SAB, to get the inside track.
None of this admirable effort and ability has made the swedes err from their tactic of refusing to make a decision, feigning engagement from time to time /y asking for submissions from all concerned on matters which are already common knowledge.You say wind-up, I say seeing things for what they are.
ATB.
aug59
Posts: 1,695
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.05
lbjj
Thu 11:43
Morning. You like to have a little wind-up you do. Yes you do! No need to call on the law, if you have a strong legal position. The Government still holds all of the cards, however, they no longer hold the high value they once did. The CAB saw to that when they no longer followed the prescribed process, back in October2014, according to Budge’s assessment. As said imo, it is crucial that the decision is delivered in this parliament, to remove any risk, that others may argue for further CAB input (additional questions), given there is a huge question re their alleged bias. Please note, I’ve never said that it will come in this parliament. In my opinion only. atb
lbjj
Posts: 4,870
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
ed44
Thu 10:36
The difference being the Aussies went legal. Kurt appears reluctant to use the law, and so the stalemate persists.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
llbjj
Wed 14:44
There is a slight chance still that it could come, because we have definitely not been informed that it absolutely won't.

I'm not saying it will come, but there remains a chance. Until the elections have been and gone.

Cheers lb.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
Andy
Wed 14:40
Fair enough that. I'd discounted the videos and was focusing on the RNS releases.

Best regards.
ed44
Posts: 6,655
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
lbjj
Wed 13:50
Good Afternoon

I know you and I have had our moments but I have been in agreement with most of the things that you've said of late.

However, I cannot agree with the latter part of your last post.

To suggest that the government "Will not grant the concession to a foreign company" is ludicrous.

What about the Aussie company who they tried a similar thing with. The Aussies took it straight to the court and got the decision overturned in next to no time. Legally the government cannot offer an exploration licence to a foreign company, let them spend millions, and then refuse to give a permit to mine the ore, or as in the case of the Aussies, pull the permit for no good reason.

Kurt is certainly not a fool and I'm sure that he has a deadline in mind.

I could see him waiting patiently until the new government is in placed and telling them that if they do not grant the permit within a specified time eg one month, then he will take it to court. The government know that they would lose the court case and they will not take the risk of a massive loss of face.

As always, just my opinion.
lbjj
Posts: 4,870
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
ADF
Wed 10:33
Spot on.
Believing the decision will come before the election has no foundation.
Because the government has not said it won’t is not exactly reliable, is it? When have the government ever said anything concrete regarding making a decision. Not once in 63 months.
Ministers are either on holiday, or busy with electioneering to progress / save their careers.
The Kallak file will be in a bittom drawer gathering dust.
The make up of the new government will not change the Swedish dna. They will not grant the concession to a foreign company, and they do not need to, unless Kurt goes legal.
Thus far, he has shown no appetite for such a move.
AndyDuFresne
Posts: 478
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
RE: AndyDuFresne
Wed 10:26
Well, besides the two videos from mr. Budge and mr. Färm, where they say that the election may delay a decision, we have these three statements - that makes five :)

May 14th - The Swedish elections may delay a final decision on the Kallak project, but in 2017 the Company injected momentum back into the project with the Copenhagen Economics’ ‘Big Picture’ study, and the commencement of a Scoping Study with SRK.

May 16th - The upcoming General Election in Sweden may delay a decision on the Exploitation Concession, as in my experience, political elections in any country affect a permitting process, often causing delays.

May 29th - The Company’s application is with the Government. Swedish elections, timed for September 2018, could cause a delay in any final decision.

The greenies won't say yes to this because the anti-mining brigade are their typical voter, and the Social Democrats won't say no because that would hinder mining in general - therefore, we need a new government and as long as the greenies are not a part of it, we're golden :)
AdamH90
Posts: 704
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
RE: AndyDuFresne
Wed 10:19
I think it is one of those things that Kurt wouldn't say if he didn't think that is how its going to pan out. It is a negative statement and he is just setting expectations. As shareholders, we are lucky to have somebody as good as Kurt.. I know progress isn't where we want it to be but he has acted impeccably. Politics, eh?
aug59
Posts: 1,695
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
AndyDuFresne
Wed 10:17
Morning. Yes, we have been told that, along with the rest of the world! We simply don't know all of the facts, nor can we see into the future. However, if this Government doesn’t want to make this decision, then BEM is in the sh@t for at least many months to come, with additional concerns, and Swedish mining, for far longer! Explorers, simply will not be able to raise the finance. As it is, I’m no longer invested in the fundamentals of Swedish mining, I remain however, invested in the belief that Kurt Budge will land the concession before September, because he knows the importance, and he has what it takes. In my opinion only. atb
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
AndyDuFresne
Wed 08:44
I don't recall it being four or five times Andy, not from BEM, but I may be wrong on that. You are entitled to hold such an opinion, of course, and so far you are correct.

Let's see, as the countdown continues.

Best wishes.
AndyDuFresne
Posts: 478
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
RE: EricDraven
Wed 08:08
We've been told four or five times that a decision may be delayed because of the election, so we should be able to take the hint by now - my belief is that there won't be a decision until a new government is in place.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
aug59
Tue 22:52
Good points Aug. I'm trusting though that if this issue does unfortunately happen to drag its zombified foot onto the next administration's watch, that Kurt will be in there sharpish. Our Company cannot afford to be abused further, and to suffer the reeling off of any fresh nonsense. We must surely have a strong legal case in our favour bursting at the seams already. In my view only, as a non-legally trained dweeb.

mwilliams41, he is right to a point, but now the Swedes are managing to overkill the blinkin' overkill. Lol.

Atb.
aug59
Posts: 1,695
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
EricDraven
Tue 21:00
Evening. Very true! The poster mwilliams41, has said perhaps the least Eric, but has been right the most. Fair play! My opinion is, that it is crucial for BEM to receive a decision by this administration. They did take control of the process, before the CAB gave their opinion (direct questions) and not after, as a result of a split in opinion. If the decision rests with a new Government, the Sami representatives, would argue I feel, for some aspect of the process to be revisited, if only to kick the decision down the road for another few months.

If say, the decision has not arrived by 'X' date, then perhaps we might see Mr Budge inform the Government that he requests a decision regardless, to be made by 'Y' date, if not, then legal action will come into existence in respect of failure to determine, or some other. He will, I feel, not let the failings in this process become something else for someone else. In respect of my comment re, failure to determine, the process is not subjected to written time restraint, however, since the Government took control, they restricted others to weeks only, to make their response, we have been waiting now for months for a decision, since those final comments/responses. Please accept, my opinion on any legal action is just a gut feeling, and nothing no more. One or two others here, have received legal training, and I would be happy to learn, any thoughts they may have in this respect. In my opinion only. atb
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
Bobtree
Tue 14:44
Fair comments Bob. Let's see if a decision arrives under this Government, to avoid the necessity for the unsavoury. Though I do hope and trust that Kurt has his plan in place, ready to go.

Cheers Bob.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
aug59
Tue 14:40
Hi Aug. Good points made earlier re a decision under this administration. However, when have we ever been right, with what we see as the correct approach? The Swedes have always neglected both due process and absolute common sense. Lol.

In my humble.

Best regards.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
lbjjj
Tue 14:35
Apologies for repeating (in part) my post from the early hours re 16 May RNS. It didn't show up after I'd done it, so hence I did another at 12:25.

Regards.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
lbjj
Tue 13:28
I agree, but he obviously hasn't been told in no uncertain terms that there won't be a decision prior, because he would have relayed that specific information back to us.

There still remains a slight glimmer of hope then, though it does appear in the form of more straws for us to clutch at. Lol.

Aye, he can't allow the waiting to continue, the damage it has caused us is already significant. He must act swiftly to stop any nonsense from starting afresh, should this licence debacle roll over under the new Government administration.

Cheers lb.
lbjj
Posts: 4,870
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
Eric
Tue 12:32
As CEO, Kurt is obliged to take that ambivalent stance.
However, the course of action he takes will be based on his own knowledge and beliefs in conjunction with the past 63 months of evidence.
He must act decisively after the election, whatever he believes. He can not just continue to wait and hope. That won’t be good enough, in my opinion.
EricDraven
Posts: 25,780
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
lbjj
Tue 12:25
Hi lb. This is what Kurt actually said in our 16 May RNS:

"The upcoming General Election in Sweden may delay a decision on the Exploitation Concession, as in my experience, political elections in any country affect a permitting process, often causing delays."

He didn't say that there definitely wouldn't be a decision before the elections then, only that the decision may be delayed. He feels it's obviously quite possible.

Although it does seem less likely for us, in my opinion, as August rapidly approaches, a decision could still therefore arrive under this Government's tenure.

Only pointing out lb, what Kurt said, as it differs slightly from what you stated as fact yesterday.

Best regards.
lbjj
Posts: 4,870
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
So
Tue 11:21
and the new government will say don’t blame us, it was the last lot.
After which they will begin a total review of all that’s gone before, as the bottom line will not have changed, and that is the swedes want Kallak for themselves.
Rather than wait indefinitely and go bust, why not dispose of it now?
BEM, in it’s current incarnation will never be granted a license.
Why the urgency for the further request for information back in March? The responses produced nothing new. A decision could have been made any time in the past 2 years. In that time, literally nothing has changed.
It’s all political bs.
aug59
Posts: 1,695
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
lbjj
Tue 11:18
Morning. Exactly! That’s why Budge will be doing everything within his powers, with this admin to deliver a decision. A failure to deliver on this, is a failure on this Government, would be the view of the exploration/other community. In my opinion only. atb
Bobtree
Posts: 655
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:5.25
RE: So
Tue 11:15
Sue the barstewards!
This board is getting beyond 'funny' nowadays.
There is little the directors can do at the moment to change the situation but once the election is over they'll be able to press for a decision and make legal representations about their treatment by the government.




Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk
FREE Member Services
- Setup a personalised Watchlist and Virtual Portfolio.
- Gain access to LIVE real-time Regulatory News (RNS).
- View more Trades, Directors' Deals, and Broker Ratings.
Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk






Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look. While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.