global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise
* Transaction expected to be substantially accretive to Walgreens net earnings
per diluted share in year one
* Says will invest approximately $6.7 billion in cash and stock
* Expects combined synergies across both companies to be between $100 million
and $150 million in the first year
* Will have option to proceed to a full combination by acquiring remaining 55%
of Alliance Boots in three years' time
* Says there are no plans for job reductions at either company as a result of
* Says expects combined synergies across both companies to be between $100
million and $150 million in the first year
* Expects combined synergies across both companies to be$1 billion by the end
* Says plans to finance cash payment deliverable at initial closing through
existing cash and new borrowings
* Deal is seen to be accretive to net EPS in first year following completion by
$0.23 to $0.27, excluding one-time costs
* Walgreens-completion of initial investment, subject to various regulatory
approvals, is expected to take place by September 1
((Bangalore Equities Newsroom; +91 80 4135 5800; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780))
(For more news, please click here)
COPYRIGHT Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. All rights reserved. The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.