* Final settlement of $3 billion covered by existing legal provisions announced in November 2011
* Fundamental changes to US compliance, marketing and selling procedures
implemented in recent years
* Will make payments totalling $3 billion which are covered by existing provisions, funded through existing cash resources
* The after tax cost will be approximately $150M lower than provided
* A credit will be recorded to the non-core tax charge for the second quarter
* Net effect of these movements on total earnings is expected to be neutral
For more information, please click on
((London Equities Newsroom; +44 20 7542 7717))
(For more news, please click here)
COPYRIGHT Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. All rights reserved. The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NETbuilder and Interactive Data.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk!
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.